Covid vaccine experiences.

KARNUT

I'm scheduled for my second Pfizer shot this Friday - I've been counting the days and can hardly wait!
First shot was a sore shoulder muscle for 2 days but, otherwise, all is great! :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I got my first dose of Moderna Thursday evening.  No effects that evening at all....went to work the next day.  Very sore arm next morning and by that afternoon, I started feeling puny and sickly.  I didn't sleep much Friday night due to a bad headache.  Headache continued all day Saturday as well as sore arm.  Today, Sunday, all is well.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

It’s been awhile on this thread my personal conclusion not based on science is. Aside from the experts claims I doubt the shots did much. I don’t know many people who didn’t get COVID. Shots or not. By the time it was my wife’s turn negative stories were popping up. She didn’t get any shots. Our experience were identical. I appreciate the effort it was a scary time. I wish people would have been more truthful. Blindly following the crowd while people are getting sick did no one good. Then there’s the side effects. Keeping medication from people that could have lessened the effects is criminal. I expect this will expose eventually some scams perpetrated on unsuspecting people. My father in law at 92 got all the shots got COVID twice. Usually shortly after a shot. He’s tough as nails. I can only go by my experience. I’ve been burned by experts a few times. All I want is the truth. I’ll forgive mistakes, not lies. 

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I’ve been burned by experts a few times. All I want is the truth. I’ll forgive mistakes, not lies. 

We're about the same age and old enough to have learned that sooner or later everyone lies to you. We even lie to ourselves. Some just make it an artform while others seriously attempt in vain to guard against it. Doesn't hurt much when a liar lies to you but when someone you trust not to does...... 

World doesn't seem to concern itself with truth anymore. People don't want to hear it. Won't accept it. Deni it. Cancel it. It's become a game that has everyone loosing. Words, truth, science, proof......they've all lost their meaning.

Still the truth survives. Amazing that!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KARNUT said:

personal conclusion not based on science is

Again you are wrong in your conclusion.  Take a gander at China now and for the next year since they are opening up, they have no viable vaccination. Of course being a authoritarian regime they won't report the real deaths and hospitalizations. 

We do and while not fully vaxxed with all boosters but more effective and broad based than China.

US deaths and hospitalizations are down by orders of magnitude.  Your conclusion is why professionals  need to run medicine and science not opinion from people like you and I.  Not sure why you feel lied to except internet driven  miss-dis-info works. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

We're about the same age and old enough to have learned that sooner or later everyone lies to you. We even lie to ourselves. Some just make it an artform while others seriously attempt in vain to guard against it. Doesn't hurt much when a liar lies to you but when someone you trust not to does...... 

World doesn't seem to concern itself with truth anymore. People don't want to hear it. Won't accept it. Deni it. Cancel it. It's become a game that has everyone loosing. Words, truth, science, proof......they've all lost their meaning.

Still the truth survives. Amazing that!  

Yeah people lie, oh snap! 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, customboss said:

Again you are wrong in your conclusion.  Take a gander at China now and for the next year since they are opening up, they have no viable vaccination. Of course being a authoritarian regime they won't report the real deaths and hospitalizations. 

We do and while not fully vaxxed with all boosters but more effective and broad based than China.

US deaths and hospitalizations are down by orders of magnitude.  Your conclusion is why professionals  need to run medicine and science not opinion from people like you and I.  Not sure why you feel lied to except internet driven  miss-dis-info works. 

You are such fun and of course wrong. I guess it doesn’t cross your mind that maybe that in the greatest country like ours. That maybe we’re healthier and not beat down by being forced to stay indoors with no food for weeks on end. They have no immunity to fight with. It makes a difference, doesn’t it. 

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

You are such fun and of course wrong. I guess it doesn’t cross your mind that maybe that in the greatest country like ours. That maybe we’re healthier and not beat down by being forced to stay indoors with no food for weeks on end. They have no immunity to fight with. It makes a difference, doesn’t it. 

I know I’m fun for you.

Probably not a player in big scheme of things. Although health of a host has some effect. 

Natural immunity only lasts so long. Novel virus doesn’t give anyone exposed to it long term immunity and in Covid case it’s mutating , replicating and reproducing so fast the host dying only way to get a permanent effect. Unless you vax the host as needed. Basic viral facts. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, customboss said:

I know I’m fun for you.

Probably not a player in big scheme of things. Although health of a host has some effect. 

Natural immunity only lasts so long. Novel virus doesn’t give anyone exposed to it long term immunity and in Covid case it’s mutating , replicating and reproducing so fast the host dying only way to get a permanent effect. Unless you vax the host as needed. Basic viral facts. 

There’s probably people the vax helps I don’t dispute that. My problem is the side effects they don’t seem concerned with. All meds have them. My blood pressure medicine that prolongs my life does. I have to take them. Most healthy people don’t need the vaccine. They should be informed so they can make a choice. I’m reading heart problems in the young, blood clots etc. Healthy people have unexplained sudden death. The facts will eventually come out. The same people who pushed this vaccine the hardest have also claimed the southern border is secure. My second daughter was almost killed by a lazy doctor who was on call drunk at home. My wife’s instincts saved her life. My wife suffered a bad routine surgery that required 5 more surgeries over 5 years to correct. The doctor said at the time we had a couple hiccups everything is fine. Retired before her first check up. Requiring my early retirement to nurse her back. When a so called expert tells me everything going to be fine I double my research. Just yesterday I drove 3 hundred miles to a special physical therapist who keeps my wife moving. That’s twice a month. Blindly telling us the vaccine will cure in the beginning to now it may keep you out of the hospital. Color me skeptical. Go ahead put the stuff in your body. I wished I listened to my wife. I get unexplained chest pressure that can’t be explained since my shots. Everything checks out. Could be anxious over the vaccine or a real problem. I know you’ll come back with your usual colorful response. I leave it here. I hope you’re forever COVID shots works for you. Big pharmaceutical companies will thank you.

• Like 1

I've had all 5 Moderna injections. I expect there will be another this fall which I will take. Wife ditto. I never thought nor have I ever heard the word CURE associated with the vaccine. I'd have to have it to be cured of it. Every drug has some side effect. Even aspirin. 

For us, it's finding the/a balance. If the risk of death from it is 1 in a million taking it vs 3 in a hundred not taking it. I'm taking it. Flu, pneumonia ditto. Fact is the only vaccine I have not had that was required to go to school was chicken pox and only because it was not yet invented when I was in school. If people are waiting for a 100% certainty or guarantee for anything...it's a long wait. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I've had all 5 Moderna injections. I expect there will be another this fall which I will take. Wife ditto. I never thought nor have I ever heard the word CURE associated with the vaccine. I'd have to have it to be cured of it. Every drug has some side effect. Even aspirin. 

For us, it's finding the/a balance. If the risk of death from it is 1 in a million taking it vs 3 in a hundred not taking it. I'm taking it. Flu, pneumonia ditto. Fact is the only vaccine I have not had that was required to go to school was chicken pox and only because it was not yet invented when I was in school. If people are waiting for a 100% certainty or guarantee for anything...it's a long wait. 

OK, vaccine by definition means preventing. Meaning you won’t get it. Cure means it goes away. It’s still being presented as something it isn’t.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, KARNUT said:

OK, vaccine by definition means preventing. Meaning you won’t get it. Cure means it goes away. It’s still being presented as something it isn’t.

Not quite. Vaccines are never 100% effective. There are no guarantees. There are odds. Odds are.... better with it than without it. That part is just statistics.  It has NEVER been presented as 100% effective. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear

12 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Not quite. Vaccines are never 100% effective. There are no guarantees. There are odds. Odds are.... better with it than without it. That part is just statistics.  It has NEVER been presented as 100% effective. 

Wrong. The CDC changed the definition of the word vaccine to fit the COVID vaccine. Bait and switch. Polio for example. A vaccine was developed to eliminate polio as well as most of the vaccines for our childhood diseases. You don’t get polio lite or measles lite. It’s amazing to me how short memories are regarding the COVID vaccine. Go ahead keep taking it, it may not harm you. I hope it doesn’t, I really do. The studies I’m reading about and the slow trickle of side effects coming out…. I can only say I tried.