Covid vaccine experiences.

KARNUT

In Texas the process is pretty straight forward. All by appointments and a 15 minutes wait after. Total 20 minutes. My mother in law got in two weeks ago. I get it this coming Friday. I was originally apprehensive about it. I know enough people who got it. No problem so far. My father in law who’s 90 in North Carolina got it a month ago. They did a drive through. He had a long in line wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine about 10 days ago. I go back for the second dose in another 11 days.  Arm was a little sore and I had a brief headache. My wife had the same reaction I did.  I've heard the second dose hits hard for a day. I know a decent number of people that have gotten it. No major reactions. 

• Like 1

I've had both doses of Moderna.

First Dose Reaction:  Sore arm for 1.5 days, 10 minute case of "uncontrollable shivering" about 18 hours after the shot, felt "irritable" the next day.  Nothing else.

Second Dose:  Sore arm for 1.5 days, nothing else.  I did take regular Ibuprofen during this series though.

I had not been diagnosed with COVID prior to this and did not have symptoms that would have warranted testing although I was in the same office with 5 others who tested positive and had symptoms.

• Like 2

First Dose Reaction:  Sore arm for 1.5 days, 10 minute case of "uncontrollable shivering" about 18 hours after the shot, felt "irritable" the next day.  Nothing else.

Second Dose:  Sore arm for 1.5 days, nothing else.  I did take regular Ibuprofen during this series though.

I had not been diagnosed with COVID prior to this and did not have symptoms that would have warranted testing although I was in the same office with 5 others who tested positive and had symptoms.

Did they advise using pain medication? I had read somewhere that this could diminish the vaccine results [emoji2373]

Also everyone I know that has had the vaccine has gotten sick (24 hr thing) after the second dose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did they advise using pain medication? I had read somewhere that this could diminish the vaccine results [emoji2373]

Also everyone I know that has had the vaccine has gotten sick (24 hr thing) after the second dose

Like a cold?

Like a cold?

More flu like (chills aches pains sinus issues). No fevers reported from anyone (large sample) that I personally know

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikemcclain8 said:

Mine was similar to this with the Moderna vaccine but the shivering was also with what I believe was a fever and a lot of sweating.  Felt bad enough to have to take the day off work as I woke up about 5am with those symptoms.  Felt fine later that day.

Just got my 2nd shot this morning, hopefully it won't be as bad since my body has built up some resistance with the first vaccine.

I work at a hospital and the results have been all over the place since we started back in mid-December.  Some people have no reaction, others have mild or moderate symptoms like what I had.  So far no severe reactions at all that they have reported, which is good.

We have also moved on to the 1B stage with 65+ with health issues getting the vaccine first.  Nothing major has been reported in those patients either.

• Like 2

More flu like (chills aches pains sinus issues). No fevers reported from anyone (large sample) that I personally know

Typical allergy season for me. Starting now.

Sitting in the cool down room after first shot. The injection was painless. Any after effects I’ll post.

Uh oh it’s been 2 hrs and we haven’t heard from you [emoji50]

• Like 1

Uh oh it’s been 2 hrs and we haven’t heard from you [emoji50]

I’m cool. Helping the wife with little remodeling projects. She gets on a tare sometimes. I feel completely normal. I’ve heard the second dose may cause some minor cold like symptoms.

• Thanks 1

I'm happy to hear vaccines getting in the arms of familiar people!  It became very real and hopeful when my son phoned to tell us he had just received his first shot!  I might be in Karnut's neck of the woods sooner than expected!

• 4 weeks later...

My ma just got the first shot of Moderna. Walgreens. Very quick process, maybe 15 minutes total. They had her hang out for 5 minutes to make sure everything was fine so she did some shopping. 

She got really hot and then really tired briefly afterwards. All that seems to have subsided now. Arm still very sore but otherwise no issues.