Covid vaccine experiences.

KARNUT

My dad, 61, got his first shot on 3/9. Tested positive for Covid-19 on 3/26. Gotta still be careful after that first dose. He's doing better, but it hit him like a bad flu. First shot probably helped minimize what it could have been. 

• Like 1

There will be alot if people cheering about a vaccine passport. They will also be the ones that think a digital passport on the phone is a good and secure thing. Nothing like more government control. I never travel outside country anymore so definitely no reason for me to ever have one.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bash74 said:

There will be alot if people cheering about a vaccine passport. They will also be the ones that think a digital passport on the phone is a good and secure thing. Nothing like more government control. I never travel outside country anymore so definitely no reason for me to ever have one.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Just re-enter the country through the southern border. These days you don’t even need an actual passport, let alone a vaccine passport. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

All righty then.

Got the second shot and..................nothing. Arm isn't even sore. No more so than a shot of antibiotics. Maybe 1/4 as bad as the first dose? Two weeks I get a haircut and a hamburger. :thumbs: Maybe. 😉 

• Like 1

Civilians ran the first dose for me and the National Guard the second. Both times I was on a constant walk from the minute I came through the door until they seat you down for the observation period. Neither dose took more than 25 minutes start to finish. Guard had allot more paper work and checks but it didn't slow anything down at all. Very efficient. 

• Like 2

Things are often easier to see in the rearview mirror of time. The second day of the second shot I slept allot that day. Unusually tired but at the time it was happening, a cold dark rainy day, I thought nothing of it nor the need to toss on an extra blanket. No shivers, just cold. Point is they were so mild they, in the moment, escaped my notice. 

• Like 1

Wife got her second shot. About an hour of chills and some joint discomfort for a day along with a headache/sinus pressure and what turned into a 24 hour rest period. She was in and out in under 20 minutes at the local Walgreens. 

• Like 1

Anyone have the reaction of these people? I think I went outside and ripped a fart!  :rollin:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/msnbc-analyst-euphoria-first-vaccine-shot.

So you don't have an issue with ads.... here is the text:

As you've no doubt noticed by now, "vaccine selfies" are a thing among members of the mainstream media.

And along with the preponderance of photographs of masked journalists with rolled up sleeves and needles in their arms is a kind of lock-step pressure campaign — along with more than a few guilt trips.

Take CNN's Brian Stelter, for example, who just days ago called out one of his favorite targets — Fox News — and claimed their on-air personalities are failing to show their "vaccine selfies."

"Where are Tucker [Carlson] and Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham? Where is Ainsley Earhardt and Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade?" Stelter inquired. "Where are the biggest stars on Fox getting vaccinated?"

Then invoking peer pressure with a phrase you may have last heard in high school, Stelter said "everybody else is doing it ... all across television, all of those anchors are rolling up their sleeves."

'Wave of euphoria'

Well, another media personality just hit the vaccine campaign trail, and Matthew Miller's message to his nearly 457,000 Twitter followers was the amazing feeling that washed over him upon getting his first shot. In fact, the MSNBC analyst said Wednesday he sensed a "wave of euphoria" — and encouraged others to roll up their sleeves as well: "Go get your vaccine, folks. Best feeling you'll have had in a year."

Of course, not everybody who commented on Miller's tweet were convinced — but what was truly eye-opening was how many folks not only gave him kudos but also said they got emotional upon getting their shots. A number even shared that they shed tears:

• "I sat in my car and cried for 5 minutes after getting my 1st dose of Pfizer 3 weeks ago," one commenter said. "I go today at 4 p.m. to get my 2nd dose. It is a wonderful feeling!"
  • "My husband and I got our second shots this morning. It does give you a sense of joy and relief," another user wrote. "Of course, we'll still wear masks for months to come. But it's a great feeling!"
  • "Also the feeling of community and inclusion with everybody there and thankfulness for a well-run government and free medical procedure!!" another commenter gushed.
  • "I got teary-eyed both times getting my seamlessly run vaccines!!!" another user said. "Thank you, Biden!!"
  • "I cried like a baby as I walked back to my car," another commenter admitted. "All the memories of the lockdown, continual bad news, 'inject bleach' press conferences, and daily death count flooded my brain."
  • "During my time of waiting (15 min mandatory to make sure there was no reaction) I listened to Andrea Bocelli loud and blotted a few tears," another user said. "I wanted to hug everyone."
  • "I cried a little after my second shot. Tried not to because I felt stupid. But the lovely nurse who was watching over us for reactions simply came over and offered me a tissue with no words," another commenter said. "Of course that made me cry harder!"
  • "I was shocked by the range of emotions I had when I received my first shot! I was so choked up I could barely say my name & birthdate," another user recalled. "I literally cried with relief & hope as I sat there & thought about all of those who died this last year due to the failure of the former POTUS."

Still one of the few detractors had the following to share: "People losing their minds used to be the minority. This past year has seen that turn into the majority. This obsession with being injected with experimental medicine is truly frightening."

Edited by txab
  • Haha 2

Just got my second shot.  Seems weird to be waiting to see what happens next.  First shot I felt a little sinus infection like later next day.  Felt a little nauseous the morning of the second day.  Went to the lake and drank some beer and forgot all about it.  The lady that gave me the shot the second time said if I had any symptoms after first shot, second shot symptoms would be worse.  

• Like 2