E85

On 2/4/2021 at 11:48 AM, beetle said:

So, I thought I would give this a try, about $1:45 a gallon cheaper than regular pump gas, 100+ octane too. It really woke things up, I did not expect it, instant HP.. I didn't know 100 octane was offered with E85, what about in your area and your experience? I live in So Cal.

https://ibb.co/JcfSgHS

what kinda mpg you get on that stuff?

on stock tune  I get 15 mpg city, after activating PE i get 11-12 mpg city on 91 octane, $3.50-3.75 gal. i ran some 101 race gas and that stuff is amaizing, mpg skyrocketed too 18 mpg city! LOL i do drive like an old lady so i wasnt hot roddin' it.

Edited by flyingfool

• 2 weeks later...

I used to run it in my 2011. I especially liked it for towing. Problem was I'd fill up at home then could never find it when I needed to fill up again. It got around 10 mpg towing a cargo trailer. 13 on regular gas.
Now I'm thinking about doing the conversion on my lifted truck. I think it would help make it not so sluggish. I'm not worried about mpg's. I want more powwah.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

On 2/5/2021 at 9:57 AM, Grumpy Bear said:

I have yet to see (Northern Illinois) the price low enough to make the cost per mile worth the loss in efficiency. Kid you not, last week the cheapest E-85 in my area was 50 cents a gallon MORE than Costco's 87 and only a few cents cheaper than their 93. Even some Casey's stores the E-85 was a nickel higher than 87. As I haven't any power adders..... :dunno:

Dad lives in Iowa and there....it makes sense. Normally 30% less. 

I also don't understand Illinois when it comes to E85.  You would think we would have the same prices as availability as Iowa since we grow almost the same amount of corn.  Nope.  I live in a town with an ethanol plant and there isn't a single E85 station left here.  We had 3 or 4 of them around 10+ years ago, now they are all gone and the closest pump is about 20 minutes away.

Maybe I can get the plant to sell me some in a 55 gallon drum and just mix my own E85.  Probably not given this states ridiculous alcohol laws.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Here's a list where you can get E85 in the home of the Fighting Illini

http://www.e85vehicles.com/e85-illinois.htmd41891b8f2296b0c009534df8ce8c1d0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That list is extremely out of date unfortunately.  Both USCO gas stations in Pekin were closed and reopened with the E85 pumps removed over 10 years ago.  The East Peoria Thorton's is the closest one to me and its a 20 minutes drive.