No start long crank upcoming recall GMC Sierra

Joe98

Morning folks,

I recently saw this article regarding this issue with some of the listed vehicles experiencing a  no start or long cranking situation when starting their trucks/SUV’s. I have a 2018 Sierra Denali 1500 and can honestly say numerous times when starting my truck I noticed that the starter is still continuously cranking the motor over for too long.  Hard to explain, but I’ve also noticed this a lot this winter when using the factory remote starter from key fob.   Is anyone else experiencing this with 2018 or older models ?

Thanks,

Joe 

I have a 2018 Sierra all terrain and I have not noticed this on key starts or remote starts. Do you have a link to that article? I’d like to read it just in case.

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long cranks in the cold weather is pretty normal.

Direct injection and needing to build fuel pressure for the high pressure fuel pump kinda lead to this. If you pay attention to the tail pipe you'd also notice black unburnt fuel come out of the exhaust on start up. Sometimes it's several seconds of cranking when it's real cold for me.

Edited by CamGTP

On 2/13/2021 at 9:11 AM, slide187 said:

I have a 2018 Sierra all terrain and I have not noticed this on key starts or remote starts. Do you have a link to that article? I’d like to read it just in case.

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t have the link unfortunately.  I saw it when you first go the website for GM-trucks.com.  It’s right on the home page.  Currently only a TSB for 19’ and newer model years.