2020 Sierra Regular Cab (2door) Short Bed Build Thread.

• 1 month later...

Update:  truck is coming back to the builder/shop from the suspension shop. Did a 4/6 drop, traction bars and driveshaft loop by VAS Specialties https://www.vasfab.com/

The engine has been my biggest headache. Apparently Edlebrock is moving out of California and is in mid move. I’ve been calling for 6+ weeks to order the engine and have gotten horrible customer service. I finally spoke to a sales manager 2 weeks ago, they do not have any blocks in stock and he doesn’t even know where they could produce the engine as their Cali facility is closed and haven’t moved into their new one. He promised me a call back 2 weeks ago..... (so did the other 6 people I’ve talked to there, still waiting). 

I ordered an engine from Late Model Engines in Houston. https://latemodelengines.com/They produce some serious engines for some of the top names in the business. Pricing is significantly more than Edlebrock BUT customer service it top tier as well as communication and individual attention. Sticking with a 416ci motor and an Edlebrock 2650 supercharger. It will produce 900-1000hp to start, I’m having them mill/port the SC to add secondary port injection later, the block is good to 1400hp. 

Hopefully the truck will be out of paint in the next 3 weeks. Custom 1 off wheels are still 8-10 weeks out and the engine is around 8-9 weeks. That’ll give us time  to have a level 4 trans built and installed by Circle D. https://www.circledtrans.com/6l80-level-4

Edited by Descartian
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Transient said:

Did you go wet sump or dry sump?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Stuck with wet sump. 1. Less things to fail. 2. No issue with ground clearance. 3. I’ts not going to be a road course truck.  

Edited by Descartian

• 5 months later...

Man this project is taking longer than expected. There’s a light at the end of the tunnel though. The truck is almost out of the shop that is doing the short bed conversion and custom paint. 

The one off wheels are in. 

The engine is finally done!!!!

Still moving slower than I expected but it’s progressing. 

4552BAAE-6312-40EB-BFF3-C97EA93D8D14.jpeg

Edited by Descartian
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

It’s one of my never ending projects….   Still in the original body shop. There hopefully is a light at the end of the tunnel, l don’t want to jinx it but it looks close to completion. Next step, off to the performance shop for the engine swap. 

3FDD7DC8-661F-427A-9964-CBDF0AABFA02.jpeg

A367D3A4-F3B8-4D3D-9D1E-B795A6DB629B.jpeg

• 11 months later...

I see this is a really old post but I'm not finding any other information yet. I'm wondering when you did this conversion did you have to do anything special with the gas tank? Can I just move it forward? Thanks for any help or good links. 

Yes, definitely an old post but the project is still underway. We ran into some serious time delays with Covid, and the body shop getting everything completed but that is now behind us. Then we ran into some problems with the engine builder ordering the wrong supercharger., that Delete us a couple more months. The engine has been pulled and I believe it will go back into the shop in the next couple weeks for the install. 

Still shooting for 850 wheel horsepower to start then doing secondary fuel injection and bumping that closer to 1000 or 1200 hp.  

After that, we will try to get it into a couple magazines and we are currently looking for sponsors to get it into this years SEMA show/convention.