GM Interior

Buy the truck for the total package.  Sure, the interior plays a part but the GM is a nice place to be, maybe not as much wow but still pretty darn nice.  If you tow, and I do, then nothing else has the camera system the GM trucks have.  Other drawbacks can make the interior less important in the purchase decision.  Google Ford and Dodge death wobble and the multiple fixes that don't last for those buyers.  Ford is still using the Bosch CP4 high pressure fuel pump that can be a time bomb waiting to happen.  That's a $4000.00 repair that very few get covered under warranty.  The ride quality is another factor in GM's favor.  The Independent front suspension is a game winner.  Buy what you like but don't get awestruck by the interior alone.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2021 at 9:16 AM, unit said:

Buy the truck for the total package.  Sure, the interior plays a part but the GM is a nice place to be, maybe not as much wow but still pretty darn nice.  If you tow, and I do, then nothing else has the camera system the GM trucks have.  Other drawbacks can make the interior less important in the purchase decision.  Google Ford and Dodge death wobble and the multiple fixes that don't last for those buyers.  Ford is still using the Bosch CP4 high pressure fuel pump that can be a time bomb waiting to happen.  That's a $4000.00 repair that very few get covered under warranty.  The ride quality is another factor in GM's favor.  The Independent front suspension is a game winner.  Buy what you like but don't get awestruck by the interior alone.

Well said.   While tbh any one of these three trucks are generally in the same very small ball park, you are always going to have differences.  And three are never on the same timeline in terms of where they are with the current model and where they are in R&D and production of the next model.  Take for instance the Chevy HD is year two of production of a new design,  while ford is year 4 of the current HD truck, unsure of ram.  My only real rant with GM is  their interior is on par and some may say less than an almost 5 year old Ford design.  The other thing is you get to spending 60-70-80k or more the interior should be commiserate with that cost. GM is just not there,  Ford isnt either but they are coming out with a new interior next year.  Ram has really taken their stuff to the next level in the last 5 years or so, although quality with Ram seems to be shaky.  Luckily I dont keep anything for more than  3-5 years so when its time to move on its time. 

I just laugh at these new interiors....I have a 2016 GMC Coco Dune leather and after 5yrs of ownership the ONLY thing cheap in this interior is the covers on 110v, USB and 12V   I just can't see these interiors mentioned above being able to handle 10yrs of truck abuse like the K2's they nailed it imo!

My 02s Avalanche leather interior is in very decent shape. With the exception on the drivers side bottom. A nice seat cover just for the bottom took care of that. Everything else still works as designed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that the you should buy a truck because of it's dependability and capability.  I just can not figure out why there are so many people that think the F250 interior is better than the Sierra.  It looks like a work truck to me.  Cheapest materials they could find plastic everywhere...

Oh well just wanted to see if I was crazy.