GM Interior

Why does everyone rip on the GM interior?  Is everyone just band blind?  I know it is a opinion, but everyone talks about how nice Ford and Ram interiors are and that GM needs to catch up.  To me in the HD range the GM looks the best.  The Ford looks like it always has.  Some cheap looking buttons on the steering wheel and so on. The Ram has a bigger screen than the others, but what is everyone getting wet about.  Sure, if you think your truck is a horse you can get a Ram that looks like they took the outside of a woody from the 70s or 80s and put it inside the truck and added some leather buckles on the seat back storage.  Then they added more brown leather with sticking from bad cowboy pants, but that doesn't seem like luxury interior to me.  That makes me think people with desk jobs get it to make them feel like a cowboy.  The 1500s do look a little different, but not enough to bash GM saying that it looks cheap and it is not on the same level as Ford and Ram.  The Ford looks the cheapest to me it looks like plastic buttons on plastic panels.

Rant over...

You decide.  Here are pictures of the highest level trim interior from each.  I got these images from the manufacturers websites to make it fair.

1716420896_2021Ram2500Limited.thumb.JPG.35f5d91443d597b36f74c8d808b90aa6.JPG1586806519_2021FordF250Platinum.thumb.JPG.e2e77abd582c06f6aa8eee2159d52737.JPG998463096_2021SierraDenali.thumb.JPG.ea3fa9b27fe89a0b2bf559126f7907b1.JPG

Journalist opinions that seem to be parroted by others next thing you know its gospel. Try to see out of a Ram at night while backing, that big screen doesn't seem so nice then. Heck they are all hard to see out of due to all the ambient light in the interior! I think its better than Ford but not as opulent as Ram. To each his own but being way behind is a bit of a stretch.

• Like 1

All I care about is that it's way nicer than my 2004 Ram was.  I love that it has a volume knob and knobs for the climate control.  I saw one guy on YT that threw a fit over the location and operation of the Tow/Haul button. My old truck had it on the end of the shifter.  I don't really mind the new location and love that it stays on persistently with restarts for a while so you don't have to keep turning it on after short stops.

Ive owned all three.  And trim level does make a difference here.  Also Fords SD interior is about 4-5 years  old at this point compared to a much newer redesign of GM.  So all relative.

With that said Ram is killing it on the interior.  GM to TBH is so so at best and really so is the  Ford.

The interior in my Truck has the largest capacity and is 8 foot 2 inches long . This is what a Truck is supposed to be. Ohh and yes it has seats for me to sit in while its at work making me money..  I am so confused why people are buying trucks when they really need nothing more then a mini van.

33 minutes ago, ericarenee said:

I am so confused why people are buying trucks when they really need nothing more then a mini van.

If only a minivan could haul an 18,000 lb 5th wheel

• Like 1

I think because the interior refresh changed very little from the previous generation, some people expected revolutionary changes. The GM interior is perfectly functional and much of the discussion is simply personal taste. I actually prefer the simplicity of the GM interior; though the material quality could be better (the plastic trim and the leather/seat materials).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the new F250 has much improved materials. But, for my taste, it also looks like it belongs in a sedan and is somewhat less “rugged” looking. No doubt, though, the marketing folks must believe this is what most consumers expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, GOMD said:

2022 F250 will look better, and the GM interior update is coming soon too.

2021-ford-f-150.jpg

That looks like the 21 F150.  You are right GMs 2021 interior is much like the 2014 I had.  The issue with comparing models here is the big three are always at different stages,  like I said Ford was about 4-5 years behind GM this year but IMO were still about even,  but ford will be taking a leap before GM etc.  Cost a log of money to redesign. 

My issue with GM is the silver looking plastic they put around the radio and other places and how they double trim out vents and stuff.  Not huge on needing a 54 in screen on a truck, but GM is fairly basic.  What I do love about the ford is the counsel shifter,  love that thing.  The dodge dial not a fan.

Edited by nards444

Just sold my '19 Ram 3500 Limited to get my current truck.  I gotta tell ya fellas, I was initially impressed with my Ram (especially the 12.1" touch screen), but I ended up having to replace it twice due to some malfunction.  The "wow factor" quickly wore off with that.  In addition, my driver seat started to wear prematurely resulting in it being replaced as well.  Other than that, it was a great truck!

Edited by RugbyRef

Why the hell does so many people want bigger screens in a truck?! Do you drive them safely or are you watching ****** on the screen?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk