Paint correction and ceramic coating

Dropped my truck off this week and got the paint correction done and ceramic coating. I am extremely happy with how it came out. My truck is black so I’m the sun you seen a bunch of swirling and scratches in the paint. They all came out and the paint looks so deep and glossy. Today it rained and afterwards my truck still looked as clean as before, no water marks or anything. The guy did my windows and tool box too. I couldn’t be happier! 

18EA2AF7-1780-484A-A5C0-F16C5019D7AB.jpeg

53D84EAB-26FD-4676-85CC-334CF5E0425A.jpeg

68F17D06-3B39-4B91-A924-7DABE84F8ACE.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mdchaser said:

Damn, looks good, which coating did you have applied?

I’ll have to check. The guy is a friend of a friend and does the cars for the Ferrari dealership. Gave me a great deal and the truck came out amazing! The rain was literally just falling off the truck. My only regret is I didn’t get it done sooner.

I did the Adams kit and I was very happy with it considering the cost by me is stupid high for them to ceramic coat. Washed the truck, clay barred it twice, then did the Adams Ceramic kit and like you said the water just beads right off. I’ve had it on for about 6 months and even through a bad Wisconsin winter the water still beads right off. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice.  I’m considering having my new 2021 done when it shows up.  Just worried about the difficulty in repairing scratches, I heard the whole panel needs to be cut waxed to take off the ceramic coating and that it usually takes some of the clear coat before they can re-coat with ceramic?

I’m new to ceramic coatings...

Looks great.  I’d like to get that done, but wondering if there are any downsides.  Beyond that, I wonder how to find someone competent to do it.  It seems like something that could get screwed up pretty easy.  That would be the last thing I’d want with a brand new truck.  Maybe I’ll just have it waxed until I decide what to do.  I definitely need something to protect the finish.  I was very disappointed with my last truck when a bird crapped on it and it etched the paint.  I know it wasn’t on there for more than a few hours, but in the heat of the summer, I guess that was enough.  

In my opinion it’s well worth the money.  I’ve had 3 vehicles done with ceramic and it’s amazing.  The wife’s Jeep was probably the most impressive although the white TB came out pretty good too.  Just something about a shiny black vehicle.  

5790EDB4-4DB5-4B9F-9801-1162D67D6013.jpeg

• 1 year later...
On 3/30/2021 at 5:44 PM, Gregg Messenger VE6WGM said:

Very nice.  I’m considering having my new 2021 done when it shows up.  Just worried about the difficulty in repairing scratches, I heard the whole panel needs to be cut waxed to take off the ceramic coating and that it usually takes some of the clear coat before they can re-coat with ceramic?

I’m new to ceramic coatings...

After ceramic coating, buffing out the car wash scratches become relatively more difficult, however, it is not completely true that you have to take some clear coat to remove the ceramic coating. The thickness of a ceramic coating is less than 1/100 of the OEM paint. To speed up the paint correction process, we sometimes use a very fine grit sanding disc (5000 or 8000 grit) but in this case, the reduction in overall paint thickness will be most likely 1%, if your detailer knows what he is doing. 

If you are new to multi-stage paint correction (wet sanding, heavy compounding etc.), you can find some detailed information here:

https://ceramicfx.com/services/paint-correction/

At the end of the day, if you are considering ceramic coating, you do not have to worry about removing the scratches if you have a good detailer. 

On 3/21/2021 at 6:55 PM, Jake rome said:

Dropped my truck off this week and got the paint correction done and ceramic coating. I am extremely happy with how it came out. My truck is black so I’m the sun you seen a bunch of swirling and scratches in the paint. They all came out and the paint looks so deep and glossy. Today it rained and afterwards my truck still looked as clean as before, no water marks or anything. The guy did my windows and tool box too. I couldn’t be happier! 

18EA2AF7-1780-484A-A5C0-F16C5019D7AB.jpeg

53D84EAB-26FD-4676-85CC-334CF5E0425A.jpeg

68F17D06-3B39-4B91-A924-7DABE84F8ACE.jpeg

I see you have FL plates.  I'm near the Tampa area, is this shop close to Tampa/St. Pete?  Looks great btw.