2020 Highcountry 5th wheel

I have a 2020 3500HD Duramax with the 5th wheel prep, 6'9" box. Just wondering what you guys are doing with installing a hitch. I have an existing Husky 16k 5th wheel that is in a 2007 Duramax, and was looking to just get the puck adapter through Husky but they don't make one for our model years yet. I have yet to speak to Curt but was wondering on what you guys were doing.

Thanks!

Andersen Ultimate Hitch connected to a gooseball in the OEM puck hole. 40lbs light and drives like a dream (no clunks like my Superglide used to do). Adds clearance from the cab as well depending on how you configure it.

• Like 1

Hello,

I replaced my pin box with the Reese Goosebox so that I could keep the bed of my truck clear and switch to a goose neck system.  The Goosebox does not void the warranty on my 5th wheel frame, and it was a very easy install.  I was coming from an older 5th wheel hitch and would have had to upgrade it anyway, so the cost was essentially a wash for me.  Again, the added benefit of not having to lift out a heavy hitch and keep the bed of the truck open 100% of the time made it a no brainer for me.

1 hour ago, Njmurvin said:

Andersen Ultimate Hitch connected to a gooseball in the OEM puck hole. 40lbs light and drives like a dream (no clunks like my Superglide used to do). Adds clearance from the cab as well depending on how you configure it.

Same here.  I really like this setup.  Since you have the short bed this will buy you another 5" clearance or so around the cab for tight turns too.

On 3/26/2021 at 2:43 PM, cdnSpinalTap said:

Hello,

I replaced my pin box with the Reese Goosebox so that I could keep the bed of my truck clear and switch to a goose neck system.  The Goosebox does not void the warranty on my 5th wheel frame, and it was a very easy install.  I was coming from an older 5th wheel hitch and would have had to upgrade it anyway, so the cost was essentially a wash for me.  Again, the added benefit of not having to lift out a heavy hitch and keep the bed of the truck open 100% of the time made it a no brainer for me.

On 3/26/2021 at 3:44 PM, Steven Smiley said:

Reese Goosebox here! Been using on Brother in Laws Ram Dually. Trying on my 3500 Denali SRW Standard Bed tomorrow. Stay tuned

The Reese GooseBox will be a good choice for what you want. Minimal effort taking a ball out of the bed for complete bed use. Also, you retain your trailer's frame warranty in the event something happens related to the connection. I've been using this setup for a while and it's very smooth with little bouncing or chucking.