Has anyone tried to add the HUD to your 1500?  Doing some research and found the 2015, but I'm not sure if the dash pad has changed, the HUD is a different PN.  I am going by the 2020 PN.  I cannot verify the part numbers for the 2021 since the fiche like lead you to the accessories catalogue.  I started with - 2015 Silverado with HUD retrofit/upgrade. - 2014 - 2019 Silverado & Sierra - GM-Trucks.com (gm-trucks.com)

I am Looking at the following PNs:

Mount Bracket: 23407367                                           $65
Driver Information Display Switch: 84456360          $31
Instrument Cluster: 84804721                                    $412
Instrument Panel: 84553050                                       $280   Has dash panel, HUD trim bezel, and mounting strip
Cluster Visor: 84054788                                               $70 Designed for HUD
Head-up Display: 84395830                                         $510
Reinforced Beam Deflector: 23387335                      $10
Outlet Duct: 23391609                                                  $24  - I think this allows you to keep the Drivers side left defroster
Windshield: 84398043                                                 $394

Maybe:
Reinforced Beam: 23387334                                       $339 -  Possible has bracket tabs for HUD - Alleviating the need to remove Driver side defrost vent.  - Might be able to add own brackets.

WAM VIN Programmed                                                $200 + &80 round shipping
Phil’s custom harness                                                  $150 -2014 - 2018 Silverado / Sierra - HUD Retrofit Harness - Harness Dr. - DIY Done Right  

* Phil is designing  a 2021 HUD Harness

I have probably missed some things - Like where to mount HUD controls and what bracket is needed.
These above PNs are gleaned off of a 2020 GMC Denali 1500, not a 2021.  Can anyone verify that the PNs remain the same for 2021?

Thanks I appreciate the help and meeting you all.  
Wayne

Updated:  18 April 2021

Edited by Thompyt88
Added information
  • Like 1

FYI.  If you were polarized sunglasses, you won't be able to see the HUD.  My ZL1 has a HUD and I barely use it, never use it on the street because I wear polarized glasses and never use it at night..  I've used it at the road course a couple of times but never really paid attention to it.

Calling the dealer or going by and giving them the parts numbers and ask them if they are the same as a 2021 would be the best thing to do.

Edited by Vigilante375

Depends on how clear you want the HUD to be.  I had no issues with my C6 and non-HUD windshield.  But I did eventually replace it.  I was of the understanding that a tint would achieve the same results.    I hear you though.

• 1 month later...

I used the following PNs:

Driver Information Display Switch: 84456360           $31
Instrument Panel: 84553050                                      $280   Has dash panel, HUD trim bezel, and mounting strip
Cluster Visor: 84054788                                             $70 Designed for HUD
Head-up Display: 84395830                                      $510
Outlet Duct: 23391609                                                $24  - Allows you to keep the Drivers side left defroster
Windshield: 84398043                                                $394   (Not used at this time)

WAM VIN Programmed                                                $200 + &80 round shipping
Phil’s custom harness                                                  $150 -2014 - 2018 Silverado / Sierra - HUD Retrofit Harness - Harness Dr. - DIY Done Right 

All worked well.  Phil's harness works like a charm. There is only 1 screw point to the frame for the HUD bracket.   I used some Ebay parts so the prices was lower.  Best bet is to get dash from GM since parts yards want 150 to ship.  It has a bit less in the display options as compared to a C7 Corvette.

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2021 at 1:14 PM, Thompyt88 said:

I used the following PNs:

Driver Information Display Switch: 84456360           $31
Instrument Panel: 84553050                                      $280   Has dash panel, HUD trim bezel, and mounting strip
Cluster Visor: 84054788                                             $70 Designed for HUD
Head-up Display: 84395830                                      $510
Outlet Duct: 23391609                                                $24  - Allows you to keep the Drivers side left defroster
Windshield: 84398043                                                $394   (Not used at this time)

All worked well.  Phil's harness works like a charm. There is only 1 screw point to the frame for the HUD bracket.   I used some Ebay parts so the prices was lower.  Best bet is to get dash from GM since parts yards want 150 to ship.  It has a bit less in the display options as compared to a C7 Corvette.

I have successfully  installed the WAMS cluster, harness, and upgraded the steering wheel to get audio controls functional.  I have ordered the Head-Up Display from Nordstromauto and HUD harness from HarnessDr.

Wanting to confirm something before I pull the trigger on ordering remaining list.  Following a couple of the parts list, they all reference the w/o HUD cluster visor.   I 'm grateful for the shared info and advise. 

Is the cluster visor the correct part number for the HUD? 

Soft touch, without head-up display, black. With leather, without head-up display black.

Should I get?:

Soft touch, with head-up display, black. With leather, with head-up display black.

Thank you,

Chad

• 7 months later...