Eggs2bacon 1st Chevy build!

Little project tonight, do some needed maintenance. Engine filter, change oil, and add some MOA from BG. The BG rep gives me free products all the time for being the parts manager and to use on my own vehicles. Pretty sweet deal. I usually just give them to other people or the mechanics. 

73A7231A-09C7-4C7E-828D-E9B1B7511EAE.jpeg

• Like 1

That is easy to change out but on my 2002 the oil leak was several places.  Nothing major just wet stuff and I hate having any type of leak.  My oil pressure switch had a small seepage, the oil and the main issue was my rear main seal.  Once those were changed out back to a nice dry engine.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

That is easy to change out but on my 2002 the oil leak was several places.  Nothing major just wet stuff and I hate having any type of leak.  My oil pressure switch had a small seepage, the oil and the main issue was my rear main seal.  Once those were changed out back to a nice dry engine.

I’m hoping to get it all dry, but for the most part it’s not too bad. 

• Like 1

I tend to clean stuff before figuring out every single leak. Soak that sucker in oven cleaner and degreaser. Pressure wash it all off and see what you still got leaking.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CamGTP said:

I tend to clean stuff before figuring out every single leak. Soak that sucker in oven cleaner and degreaser. Pressure wash it all off and see what you still got leaking.

So I decided to take your advice and clean the engine bay. It is FAR from shiny. The pictures make it look cleaner than what it really is. Before...

440EB5C3-6FBC-4E6D-9EB0-DD85335E2FF9.png

Edited by Eggs2bacon
Error

38 minutes ago, Eggs2bacon said:

Just GM engine degreaser, paint brush to scrub, a rag, and a water hose. I covered the alternator with a towel, then a wal-mart bag.

The last engine I washed was my 01 GMC. I did the top, avoided the alt and most of the electronics. Once started the check engine light came on it missed like crazy. I sprayed it down with WD40. Three days later it finally dried out. The WD40 was great for collecting dust again. Funny today on motor week it claimed cleaning the engine could make it last longer. Using cleaning products and low pressure like a garden hose. I did mine at a high pressure car wash with hot water. Lesson learned, finally.