Opinion about emblem placement

Ok, so I had bought the gloss black emblems that say Silverado and Custom for my Custom Trail Boss. The set that I bought had the emblems for the tailgate, which I put on, but they also have the fender emblems that say Silverado. I am gonna keep my Z71 fender emblems where they are at. I am considering putting the Silverado emblems on my door. Since doors don't come with any emblems on them I am seeking on opinions on placement. I know I want them down low around where the door guards (I think that is what they were called) used to be on the older models. Here are a couple of pictures on where I was thinking on putting them. After looking at them myself I think I should have them further back on the door.

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

Edited by GreatWhiteMexican
grammar (I's are smart. lol)

1 hour ago, GreatWhiteMexican said:

Ok, so I had bought the gloss black emblems that say Silverado and Custom for my Custom Trail Boss. The set that I bought had the emblems for the tailgate, which I put on, but they also have the fender emblems that say Silverado. I am gonna keep my Z71 fender emblems where they are at. I am considering putting the Silverado emblems on my door. Since doors don't come with any emblems on them I am seeking on opinions on placement. I know I want them down low around where the door guards (I think that is what they were called) used to be on the older models. Here are a couple of pictures on where I was thinking on putting them. After looking at them myself I think I should have them further back on the door.

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

Yea, little low, and too far forward. The T1's have "curvy" doors, think that is why they do not emblems on them.

Here is my 18 for reference. Great looking truck by the way!!!

IMG_0707.jpg.efd752ac8b00094bf4339d5954bb847c.jpg

Edited by JimCost2014

• 2 years later...

bringing this thing back from the dead.... did you ever end up doing anything with the doors?  Im not sure i like the silverado on the fender like on my 24 RST.   Was thinking of getting new ones and moving them to the door.  I was leaning towards on top of that body line and further back.  

• 2 weeks later...

No I have not done anything with the doors. Setting them further back didn’t like right to me. So I have the emblems sitting in my toolbox for the past 3 years. 

Didn't come with them there, doesn't belong there so don't do it (this goes for anyone else who's reading this as well).  

Normally that logo sits on the fender where the Z71 is on yours, so a regular 4x4 would have "SILVERADO" on the fender and a 4x4 box on the side of the bed.

With the way that character line is designed on the lower door, logos down there don't flow or fit nicely.  Too much body lines for them to work.  Now that 2018 centennial above?  Makes senses to have emblems down on the door as the character line is nice and straight on the lower door, and it adds a "ledge" for the emblem to be placed just above it.   

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Bucketmouth said:

If I were to add them, I think they should still go further back. My 2 cents

Agree. If you add these, start the "S" closer to where the "I" is located in your pic.