6.6l Gasser

Looking at going from my 2019 5.3L silverado to the 6.6L gasser. I am getting rid of my truck to go crew cab either way just interested in the 6.6. Just looking for real world experience with it. Biggest thing I will be hauling is a 20' 10k dual axle open car trailer with a roughly 3600 lb vehichle on it for drag strip days. Will be a daily for my wife but she drives about 2 miles to work. So it will basically just be for my drag car on a trailer and side by side/quad/dirt bike hauler going up north here in Michigan. Relatively flat roads here.

32 minutes ago, Robby23 said:

I should clarify the trailer is 10k axles idk actual weight of it would guess 2k. So 5600 total weight for car and trailer. 

yeah with that either would be fine. 

With that said I trailered a mustang 600 miles last fall with a half ton and didnt really know it was back there.  For that kind of weight and depending on you frequency  a bigger truck might be overkill

That short of a daily commute and that weight behind it is ideal for 6.6 gas truck.  it will do that very well.  

I wouldn’t consider a modern diesel as a daily if it was that short of a commute.  
The truck wouldn’t even reach operating temp, which creates a lot of DPF problems.   

The mileage while towing will probably be similar to what the 1500 got towing but for day-to-day driving you will notice a big difference.  The tank on the 2500 is also much larger so expect the price at the pump to be a good bit more.  I went from an '18 1/2 ton Sierra to 1 '20 2500HD Crew and then a '21 2500HD.  I enjoy driving the larger truck more so I put up with the cost of the extra gas.

I would price out a 1/2 ton with the tow package vs the 2500 with the equipment you want and buy whichever is cheaper. A properly equipped 1/2 ton will tow that trailer without a problem too. If you need to load up the bed too while towing then obviously get the 2500. I would rather drive around a 1/2 ton but I need the payload of an HD.