Window sill chrome trim swap

I’ve searched Google for an hour or so and here unsuccessfully other than people painting theirs.. Black 2015 Silverado 1500 double cab trying to swap black window sill trim to chrome but all I can find is a chrome cover or non oem parts. Any gm parts numbers for front and back windows so I can swap all this over?

I have a 2017 Silverado WT.  You can order the chrome piece that goes on the window trim.  I ordered the 4 chrome trim pieces and installed them a couple years ago.  I also installed chrome covers over the door handles and chrome caps on the mirrors.  None of them have come off, even when I've taken my Silverado through a car wash.  I believe the brand that I purchased was Sizver.

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 9:03 AM, superdave160 said:

I have a 2017 Silverado WT.  You can order the chrome piece that goes on the window trim.  I ordered the 4 chrome trim pieces and installed them a couple years ago.  I also installed chrome covers over the door handles and chrome caps on the mirrors.  None of them have come off, even when I've taken my Silverado through a car wash.  I believe the brand that I purchased was Sizver.

how do you replace the trim? i see theres a torx screw that might hold it on...

7 hours ago, superdave160 said:

Waffle34 - you don't replace the trim.  The chrome pieces attach to the existing trim using 3M tape.

@superdave160, you are correct.
Here is a source for the trim (one of many, I'm sure):
https://www.americantrucks.com/search?keywords=&generationId=18&vehicleType=Silverado&Subcategory=Exterior Trim&sort=Relevancy

8 hours ago, Enrique Gonzalez said:

Factory chrome window trim is metal, not a decal and it is fastened by clips and a torx. Op what part of the country are you in? I have a set of oem chrome window trim pieces that I’d trade for an oem black set.

I’m in Northwest Indiana and would be interested in a swap if we could make it work.

On 6/23/2021 at 3:08 AM, Enrique Gonzalez said:

Factory chrome window trim is metal, not a decal and it is fastened by clips and a torx. Op what part of the country are you in? I have a set of oem chrome window trim pieces that I’d trade for an oem black set.

The aftermarket trim is also metal.  

50 minutes ago, M1ck3y said:

Does anyone have the part numbers for the oe chrome trim? I've searched a number of gm part sites and keep coming up empty.

Maybe start here?
https://www.chevroletonlineparts.com/oem-parts/gm-exterior-trim-side-windows-chrome-19353848?c=Zz1leHRlcmlvciZzPXdpbmRvdyZsPTEmbj1TZWFyY2ggUmVzdWx0cyZhPWNoZXZyb2xldCZvPXNpbHZlcmFkby0xNTAwJnk9MjAxNyZ0PWx0JmU9NS0zbC12OC1nYXM%3D

1 hour ago, M1ck3y said:

Does anyone have the part numbers for the oe chrome trim? I've searched a number of gm part sites and keep coming up empty.

These are the numbers I received when I placed an order for the old # trim pieces for the dbl cab.

Part number 22798969 is replaced by part number 84025009.

Part number 22798970 is replaced by part number 84025010.

Part number 22894310 is replaced by part number 23227178

Part number 22894311 is replaced by part number 23227179.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, R15 said:

These are the numbers I received when I placed an order for the old # trim pieces for the dbl cab.

Part number 22798969 is replaced by part number 84025009.

Part number 22798970 is replaced by part number 84025010.

Part number 22894310 is replaced by part number 23227178

Part number 22894311 is replaced by part number 23227179.

Thanks, I do have a crew cab so I'll have to see if I can't find the part#'s for the back.

Usually gm parts are fairly easy to navigate but the part numbers for the window trim is confusing. I can find what I think is right, but I may end up having to go into the dealer.

• Like 1