Undermount Intake "Scoop"

Can anyone shed light on this or maybe have tried it?

I see various intake manufacturers offer a lower intake tube underneath the bumper for older body styles and the diesels. Anyone know why there aren't any for the  14-18 1500s?

Some sort of ram-air is the closest to forced induction I can think of. It's "free" air underneath so why not?

image.thumb.png.85cf480ec5f5c5a06fee3a760b37701a.png

Edited by KONGon22s
pic

I don't see the need for it. The stock intake already pulls air from the passenger side fenderwell and that is more than good enough to pull in close to ambient temp air. The stock airbox is not starving for air even on a 6.2, it's not out flowing it so that is why I don't see the need for one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

fully warmed up my IAT is at 85F. ambient is 70 degrees , for a difference in 10F why bother

if you want to blow money, you can get the hood from the diesel and the CAI diesel parts, this works well for ram air. hoods are 500 bux, and another 500 and change for the diesel ram air parts, paint and fab is another 600-800 bux. so $2000

those other kits will be prone to sucking in water and hydrolocking the motor

Edited by pokismoki
  • Thanks 1

On 5/15/2021 at 5:11 PM, pokismoki said:

....those other kits will be prone to sucking in water and hydrolocking the motor

Yeah that would've been my next question on how to mitigate water. Seems like no benefit, so no worries.