2021 Trailboss - Leveling

Looking to Level my Newly Delivered 2021 Trailboss.  If this is Possible - 1) Best and most Inexpensive Kit to do so- Would prefer to not go on top of the front end suspension 2) Any drawbacks if I do less than 2" 3) If there are drawback or Consequences, what are they? Thank you and looking to here some feedback. 

Edited by Hoby

1) So many topics regarding this, take a look around the forums with the search function and you will find tons of answers regarding the same question. 2) Just added wear to the front end components as you put it close to the failure point. 3) See above, you will be reducing the life of the front end components and wheel bearings if you change off set, tire weights or sizes. You have to pay to play. To put it this way if lets say the stock front end ball joints and bearings would last 150k stock, you add a level or bigger tires and chances are they will last less, how much depends on the uses (street queen vs off road abuse vs towing, etc). Many run around no problems but many also don't use the truck as it was designed and it is just a daily commuter for them that looks cool which will last longer until they sell it for the next new model. I have heard 2 inches causes issues as you are basically stacking leveling kits, but if you tow or haul you don't want it level either. Long story short, search around and see what others say and have a look at your uses...

Tyler

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amcguy1970 said:

1) So many topics regarding this, take a look around the forums with the search function and you will find tons of answers regarding the same question. 2) Just added wear to the front end components as you put it close to the failure point. 3) See above, you will be reducing the life of the front end components and wheel bearings if you change off set, tire weights or sizes. You have to pay to play. To put it this way if lets say the stock front end ball joints and bearings would last 150k stock, you add a level or bigger tires and chances are they will last less, how much depends on the uses (street queen vs off road abuse vs towing, etc). Many run around no problems but many also don't use the truck as it was designed and it is just a daily commuter for them that looks cool which will last longer until they sell it for the next new model. I have heard 2 inches causes issues as you are basically stacking leveling kits, but if you tow or haul you don't want it level either. Long story short, search around and see what others say and have a look at your uses...

Tyler

Is this even if you change the UCAs?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 4:48 PM, JT2000 said:

I changed my UCAs and went with a 1.75” level from Zone.  Everything sits at the correct angles.  Right is great and looks awesome.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 12:51 PM, EZ Money said:

I changed my UCAs and went with a 1.75” level from Zone.  Everything sits at the correct angles.  Right is great and looks awesome.

Hi EZMoney, im considering doing the Zone level kit also,could you post a pic so i can see how it looks ?

thanks 

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2021 at 12:50 PM, bulldog688 said:

Hi EZMoney, im considering doing the Zone level kit also,could you post a pic so i can see how it looks ?

thanks 

Im sorry I didn't get to this sooner.  I've been swamped at work.

Here is my TB with a Zone 1.75" level.

TB 6.jpg

TB 8.jpg

TB 7.jpg

On 7/18/2021 at 7:48 PM, JT2000 said:

Yes it is.   Updating the UCA's will help with that issue, the upper ball joints will have a much better angle, which is good because we've seen a few fail catastrophically, however the CV angles are still bad, and the UCAs will not fix that.   So most likely you moved the failure point from the UCA, to the CV joints and bought some time.   Even on a stock TB/AT4 the CV joint angles are not good.   GM cut huge corners up front on these things to get their "lift".  

Only safe "level" for these things is either remove the rear 2" spacer, or use a 2.5"+ lift that replaces the UCA and drops the diff.    Other options are just how long before something fails, which depends on your setup, how you drive, if you use auto or 4hi, etc.