HOW TO CREATE A FLASH DRIVE WITH PLAYLISTS

This subject has been pretty much beat to death over the years - yet there are still folks out there who do not understand it.  My ride is the 2014 SILVERADO.  It has the 8" infotainment display and MyLink handles Audio, Phone, and Navigation.  I do not subscribe to any of the services.

My tastes in music are basically 1975 and earlier.  I do not care for rap, hard rock, country, or blue grass.  I have about 2,000 songs split among 6 primary folders.  To me it is important to keep the songs within their own folder.  The need was to create PlayLists and a file storage that MyLink would recognize.  Windows Media Player did not do well with this.  Through trial and error I found MP3Tag which does exactly what I want.  

The six folders with music were copied to a flash drive.  I pointed MP3Tag at the flash drive and it found all of the files.  I then individually highlighted the contents of each folder and the program created a playlist for those songs and placed it in the root of the flash drive.  I now have 6 folders with music and six playlists that point at those songs.

MP3Tag has many capabilities and I will be exploring them in the near future...

40 minutes ago, BillBrown said:

This subject has been pretty much beat to death over the years - yet there are still folks out there who do not understand it.  My ride is the 2014 SILVERADO.  It has the 8" infotainment display and MyLink handles Audio, Phone, and Navigation.  I do not subscribe to any of the services.

My tastes in music are basically 1975 and earlier.  I do not care for rap, hard rock, country, or blue grass.  I have about 2,000 songs split among 6 primary folders.  To me it is important to keep the songs within their own folder.  The need was to create PlayLists and a file storage that MyLink would recognize.  Windows Media Player did not do well with this.  Through trial and error I found MP3Tag which does exactly what I want.  

The six folders with music were copied to a flash drive.  I pointed MP3Tag at the flash drive and it found all of the files.  I then individually highlighted the contents of each folder and the program created a playlist for those songs and placed it in the root of the flash drive.  I now have 6 folders with music and six playlists that point at those songs.

MP3Tag has many capabilities and I will be exploring them in the near future...

I still use iPods backed up by mp3 CDs. Lately it’s pandora or prime. I recently went back to vinyl at home. I have hundreds of albums. Forgot what I was missing.