6L80/90 do you have a problem?

I haven't read them all yet as there is so much information in these you have to read them a few times to 'see' it all. 

What I have learned is; the 6L80E in my truck is truly special. He makes a comment in one post about the determination of a particular vibration and how to parse it out. That was cool. Then he goes on to say how 'over time and with wear this becomes more noticeable so that some think it is NEW when it has been there all along and is NORMAL". 

150K on mine and I still think it performs great. I don't feel any of these 'gets worse with age and mileage' items they mention. 

I about wet my pants laughing when I read the 'by pass the thermostat' paragraph. I did this early on and in the beginning got allot of grief for, "So you know more than the engineers?" 

IT also gave me a few new items to ponder. Like improved filtration. I will reread these with pen and pad to take note of all the 'updated' parts that will need to be sources the day mine needs a rebuild. GREAT STUFF THIS. 

Once again.... an earnest Thanks! 

• Like 1

i feel the 3 best durability mods everyone needs to do is...

1. thermostat delete

2.  Aux spin-on filter unit. change the filter every engine oil change, its cheap.  the pumps are very sensitiy to wear. and when you lap away the aluminum pump housings and regulator valve with loose steel particles, you loose pressure to clutches, which means your gonna end up with major slip and burned clutch packs

3. is remove the tcc in 1-3rd gear to minimize wear on the whimpy TCC clutch