Hooked up new battery, flashing check engine light

Was having problem with my truck starting. So got a new battery and it fired right up.  Like 30 mins later check engine started flashing.   And seem to misfire   , then when I stopped in my drive way. It went from Blinking to steady Light.   To off.   Then back on to steady ,    Drove down the street. It started flashing again.    

now this truck has 220k miles.  So it could be a number of things.   

many advice ( on a budget , cus I wouldn’t be riding this if I had $$ for a new one 1). Lol 

many where I put new battery it just reset everything and chances are it could work itself out after driving a while ?   I’ve read that ,

Or disconnect battery and a while and try again ??  

But other then trying that.   Any advice ?   Or anyone else had this issue ? 

thanks a lot.   Any replies would be greatly appreciated 🙏

you are right it could be many things.  Taking your truck to a parts supplier such as advance auto, oreileys etc can get the codes read for free telling you exactly what your truck thinks is wrong.  Seeing as you are saying the light blinks, I am going to guess a wire is loose, or has a very bad connection, and since this didnt start till after you replaced the battery, I would look at those wires first.