2017 Chevy Truck

On 10/18/2021 at 4:51 PM, AngieM01 said:

I think with all the issues that the screen is doing that the company should have a recall. I would say do not buy they are bad vehicles that seems like it does what it wants because of the apps, radio, calls.

Have your XM antenna looked at for leaks.
It's an issue talked about here numerous times,
Just do a search.

Sorry for the issues you are having, but you shouldn't place them all in the bucket "they are bad vehicles". Design and workmanship are two different sides of the coin, I personally have never had any issue with any GM I've own with info screens, but most "issues" with electronics can mostly be traced to workmanship, poor connector assembly, bad or poor ground connection, or just damaged devises from weather, shipping or assembly. Ground connection are the most common issue since they are all over (and hidden most of the time) the vehicle. Normally a good technician (with the right info) can trace and fix those issues................just my 2 cents worth!

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 1:51 PM, AngieM01 said:

I think with all the issues that the screen is doing that the company should have a recall. I would say do not buy they are bad vehicles that seems like it does what it wants because of the apps, radio, calls.

Welcome to the site.

What would you suggest to all for buying/trusting a new/used vehicle? Do you plan on getting rid of your 2017? If so, what will you buy next?

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 3:51 PM, AngieM01 said:

Here's the thing. Every brand has their fanboys and those that won't touch the brand with a 10 foot pole. Every brand, GM  Ford, Dodge  Toyota, etc... have multiple forums and you will see all kinds of problems and complaints in every one of them. That's kind of the idea to help owners address them. Very rarely do you see multiple posts about the many owners that have trouble free vehicles as not a lot would really care about that. But the reality is you will see probably just as many GM, Ford, Dodge, and other brands out on the road on any given day with owners that are happy with their choice so they can't all be bad. For the most it's just a matter of preference.

I have had Fords and Dodges before but just keep coming back to Chevy. I have had problems with each brand but overall have had the best luck with my Chevys. It's my personal preference. And not one of the brands I have had were setup perfectly. I have customized every one to address various short comings or to just make it the way I wanted. My most recent 2016 1500 has had a few issues but not any where near enough to make me walk away from the brand. It has done everything I have asked it to do. My biggest gripe so far is the fuel tank could be a little bigger. I know I could jump up to a 2500 or maybe even switch to Ford but this isn't a big enough reason to do it. 

Sorry for the rant... Bottom line, no brand is without their problems, you just have to decide what works best for you.

• Thanks 1