In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

High beam dash light

I just purchased an 02 C6500 dump truck. Getting it ready for inspection. 

I can't, and the dealers have been no help...find the high beam indicator in the dash or cluster.  The truck lights work perfectly.  The daytime running lights and indicator work. But, not high beam indicator...and no obvious location for it. 

Can anybody help me with this mystery? 

Did you pull the circuit board out? I would try and look up a youtube video of someone starting the truck and just guess game where it is if you can see it.

Is that really required to pass?

Thanks Tim. Owner's manual long gone. No less than 8 qualified techs, including me ( ase master,  md.state inspector...years ago) have looked. I wish it was that simple. I've had the cluster out, to change a bulb ( daytime running, that I thought was high beam indicator), and checked the other bulbs with a meter. 

So, in anyone has a c6500, or knows of one, and can clue me onto the location...I'd be much obliged ! Been to 3 dealers, no help. Spent hours on the web. Way more than this problem deserves. I'll likely fit a new lamp in...but I'd like to know where the manufacturer intended it..

Or was it missed? It would be a first to me. 

Thanks 

8 hours ago, shakenfake said:

Did you pull the circuit board out? I would try and look up a youtube video of someone starting the truck and just guess game where it is if you can see it.

Is that really required to pass?

Yes, it's required. And to the best of my knowledge,  I've exhausted the web and YouTube. 

2 hours ago, Rick K. said:

Thanks Tim. Owner's manual long gone. No less than 8 qualified techs, including me ( ase master,  md.state inspector...years ago) have looked. I wish it was that simple. I've had the cluster out, to change a bulb ( daytime running, that I thought was high beam indicator), and checked the other bulbs with a meter. 

So, in anyone has a c6500, or knows of one, and can clue me onto the location...I'd be much obliged ! Been to 3 dealers, no help. Spent hours on the web. Way more than this problem deserves. I'll likely fit a new lamp in...but I'd like to know where the manufacturer intended it..

Or was it missed? It would be a first to me. 

Thanks 

Just curious, because I enjoy learning new things about trucks, is it this one?

Or one of the newer style in the 2005 or so era?

See the source image

Found it!  It's in the block, just above the odometer.  Between ck gages and battery symbol.  The bulb tested good, but I replaced it, and it works.  You can't see it, period, from outside...shining a light. Myst have been a dirty connection.  It's marked high beam, on the back of the cluster, but I didn't see it first...I wasn't looking.  

Thanks 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 9:06 PM, JimCost2014 said:

Just curious, because I enjoy learning new things about trucks, is it this one?

Or one of the newer style in the 2005 or so era?

See the source image

Yes. Exactly 

• Like 1