4/6" drop with 4x4 help

Hey guys I have a 2018 4x4 ( stamped steel ) silverado I bought a used drop kit and found out my 2" drop spindles are for cast arms only. 

When I talked to Jason mcgauphy he told me with the stamped steel arms I'll also need a  new upper control arm when installed the drop spindles.     

Have any of you 4x4 guys ran spindles struts and stamped steel control arms without swapping uppers?

Right now I have a 2/2" drop with struts and shackles 

Screenshot_20211011-122718_Chrome.jpg

20211023_170551.jpg

• Like 1

You obviously bought the wrong truck. I really don't understand what is up with people buying 4x4s and dropping them. Why? You go through all the extra effort to make it something it wasn't designed when you could of easily saved 4-5k by buying a 2wd. You do you, at the end of the day you probably don't care, but enlighten me on these financial decisions.

Edited by DominatorZ71

3 hours ago, DominatorZ71 said:

You obviously bought the wrong truck. I really don't understand what is up with people buying 4x4s and dropping them. Why? You go through all the extra effort to make it something it wasn't designed when you could of easily saved 4-5k by buying a 2wd. You do you, at the end of the day you probably don't care, but enlighten me on these financial decisions.

No need to give explanations as to why but I'll give u one anyways we like the lowered look and it snows at least where I'm at so 4x4 is needed so if your not about the low life why waste your time commenting 🤔

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Slowarado18 said:

Have any of you 4x4 guys ran spindles struts and stamped steel control arms without swapping uppers?

My 2018 has stamped arms and I used Belltech kit 1017SP. The kit lowers with spindles and struts. It is set at 2/4 now but it can go 4/4 by adjusting the struts. Belltech has a disclaimer saying not to lower a 4x4 by more than 2/4, but I know guys do it all the time. If you go more than 2" you need camber bushings (BEL:#4955) in the control arms to keep the alignment good. Maybe that's why they are trying to sell you control arms. 

• Like 1

I believe that the UCAs are only needed to help the camber. I would go ahead and get them or else you are going to be doing the whole thing over again possibly.

Don't listen to anyone that says 4x4 shouldn't be dropped. The only dropped they know is when they were dropped off at day care and never picked back up.

• Like 1

Thank for the tips for anybody who gives a damn about the 4x4 I'm swapping to 2wd wheelhubs and pulling the cv shafts so quit that.

My other option would be to swap to cast steel arms and toss the stamped steel that way my spindle would work.  It seems like the guys who drop trucks with cast arms don't need to swap uppers?

I figured he lived where it snowed.

I'm pretty sure you need those Mcgaughys ucas

Thanks for jumping on his schitt dominater🥸

I'm into the low life .....

And the high life...

Resized_20210530_094824~2_14599094305157~2.jpeg

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 1