Very nice Chevy holiday commercial

Silverado4x4

Thanks for sharing.  It's sort of a take-off from Overhaulin'.    Tears come from the parallels many of us conjure up.  It is incredible how the sight of an old vehicle can flood your head with fond memories of the past, especially at this time of year.  Yesterday I passed a '60's Econoline against a snowy backdrop and remembered going Christmas shopping with my wife and new baby in my '64 Econoline van.   I shared that moment with my wife when I returned home.  The nostalgia was soon replaced with how excited we were to trade the van in on a much safer ride for my young family!  Now the '69 F100 that we bought in its place is really worthy of shedding tears!!

Kudo's to Chevrolet for this ad, it's a tug at the heartstrings ad invoking Christmas and the importance of family.  And what a car that they chose!  66 Impala SS convertible with 427 and 4 speed and what I assume is a rare option of console gauges.  In the short version shown on tv I noticed the big block front fender emblems and  I assumed a 396, but the long version clearly shows a 427 air cleaner decal along with the 4 speed shifter and those console gauges. When I was in HS my parents had a 66 Impala 4 door hardtop with a 327 and powerglide, only similarity was the blue paint. Boy would I have had fun in that convertible in place of the 4 door!

• Like 1