TPMS for trailer programmming

I have not tried to program the matching tpms sensors. 

For the moment, I have had excellent luck with this system by Truck System Technologies using the cap sensor option.  Battery life has been running 2-3 seasons.  It has already saved me once by alerting me to a large leak moments before getting on an interstate.  This allowed me to stop and replace the tire before any damage was done. 

Truck System Technologies

Edited by nutdriver
Realized I was not really responding to the OP core question.

10 hours ago, Mic_ said:

Any tips out there for programming /matching teh trailer TPMS to teh truck and trailer profile??

I searched, maybe not the best words, but I did not come up with anything.

I do have a tool to awake teh TPMS, just need some instructions.

Hook up to the trailer, atleast the cord. Choose your trailer profile. On the left side of trailering app screen, there is a tab labeled "Tires". Click on it, window will ask if you want to setup sensors. Screen will walk you through the process.

If it is a long 3 axle gooseneck, might have to remove rear license plate to get a stronger signal to program. Doesn’t bother after being programmed. 

• Like 1

The owner's manual gives good directions on how to do it with one exception and that is that I found the truck has to be running to learn the sensors.  An inexpensive TPMS Learn tool, like the one below, makes the job a lot easier than letting air out of the tires.  You can buy a tool just for GM vehicles or just for Ford but I have both, so this tool works for both trucks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076KL82JP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by unit

• 1 month later...

After having the monitors installed on our camper, I bought the tool to learn the positions and it worked fine. But the truck does not retain the info for some reason. The next time we hooked up no information.

Do you have anything plugged into the ODBII port under the dash?  If you do, then unplug the device from the ODBII port and try again.  That will sometimes make a difference.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BrianB65 said:

I just bought 2022 silverado HD with advanced trailering. Is the tpms supposed to be part of this package? If so where do you find the display for minitoring. Ive look everywhere. Also, Are sensors supposed to be included with the truck? I didn't get any.

Sensors are a factory added option. 4 for $50.

You have to hook up a trailer and set the traler up in the trailer icon in the infotainment screen. You will then see the tab for tpms under that trailer.

• 4 weeks later...

I searched for a few months for sensors because I am a tightwad.  No sensors were included with my '21 Silverado, although I had option U1D (the option which includes a module behind the rear bumper to receive the trailer tire sensors).  Since I didn't get the sensors when I bought the truck (option PTT), I was told to get them through parts.  Chevrolet price is $150 for two sensors. They keep changing the part number every year to confuse us.  You can find a set of 4 for $90-135 on ebay. 

For the '21 Silverado:

TPM Trailer P/N 85110397

The manufacturer "Schrader Electronics" for 2021 updated PN (part number) for these sensors, PN 84152501 was replaced with New PN 13540608.

I got a set of 84338125 sensors and I can confirm 84338125 trailer TPMS sensors work with my '21 Silverado.  I far as I can tell, 84152501,  844338125, and 85110397 are interchangeable.

Edited by hounddog66

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 12:57 PM, unit said:

Do you have anything plugged into the ODBII port under the dash?  If you do, then unplug the device from the ODBII port and try again.  That will sometimes make a difference.

I hope this is the solution for me as well.  I have been able to have the truck recognize each sensor but after I select Done, the sensors are not reflected in the truck.  I do have an iDash plugged in so perhaps this is the issue.  Fingers crossed.

• 4 weeks later...

I have this option and tried to learn the sensors but it would just time out. I did not have the truck running as someone had mentioned. Will try that next. Thought maybe my tool which worked for my 2016 was not compatible with my '21.

Tried  to set up invisible camper mode with my 5th wheel. Had to lie about the size but it comes up. Just have to tweak a few dimensions to make it work better.  

I was feeling cheap and bought a set of sensors off of ebay. Part #84338125, took them to discount tire for installation. After they installed, it took some convincing for them to "program" the sensors but I told them to treat it like the vehicle. he did and the truck "learned" the sensors without any problems. Very happy with this setup!!!!