2021 6.2, Driving along last night and truck started running rough then Service ESC and Service Parking Brake lights came on along with the flashing CEL so it's almost positive my lifters have gone bad.  I was about 25 miles from home when it started and I finished the trip because it was late and very cold out.  Tomorrow it'll go about another 4 miles to the local dealer for diagnosis and repair.  How far have others gone and was there additional damage?

A co-worker had his go bad about 11 miles from the dealership. He called and they told him to drive it in. He said it sounded horrible and it wouldn't go more than 40mph but he made it. 

7 hours ago, AirForceAngler said:

2021 6.2, Driving along last night and truck started running rough then Service ESC and Service Parking Brake lights came on along with the flashing CEL so it's almost positive my lifters have gone bad.  I was about 25 miles from home when it started and I finished the trip because it was late and very cold out.  Tomorrow it'll go about another 4 miles to the local dealer for diagnosis and repair.  How far have others gone and was there additional damage?

If it is under bumper to bumper, you have roadside assistance, which means they will tow it (flatbed) to the dealer with no charge to you.

Would think the fewer the miles the better.

I pulled out my camshaft after driving countless miles. Ran very rough for months.

when all said and done one lifter had catastrophically failed, and three others had begun to( some pitting on cam lobe).

this was not a gm but the truck will run, albeit very rough. You’re also spreading fine metal participles through motor. Don’t recommend, but technically the truck can run even if a cylinder is misfiring

we rebuilt and motor ran very strong, didn’t notice any issues after with oil pressure etc….

10 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

If it is under bumper to bumper, you have roadside assistance, which means they will tow it (flatbed) to the dealer with no charge to you.

Would think the fewer the miles the better.

Yeah, it's bumper to bumper, but it was also 10:30 pm, I was pulling a trailer and it was 25 degrees out.  Didn't really feel like waiting for a tow.  And given that it's bumper to bumper, if I grenade the engine, they can put a whole new one in it.

• 2 weeks later...