Truck shuts off while turning randomly

Hello everyone,  

I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 with a leveling kit and 33x12 wheels. 

So I've been dealing with the problem of my truck shutting off when parallel parking and for the first time it shut off while making a right turn after a stop. Sometimes I'll start my truck and the problem will happen. In each of these times the "service stabilitrak" message comes on and my steering wheel flings to center itself and my truck shuts off. It has always started right back up after a few minutes. I also have a steering assist is reduced message but my steering has been feeling perfectly fine. I've been researching this problem for a while now and so far I have:

checked the ground under the dash (G218) and there was no insulation present there ( i believe GM fixed this problem).

I cleaned the ground behind the passenger wheel and even went as far as to change the entire negative cable. 

My ABS wiring was messed up from rubbing on the control arm which i fixed as well and no longer rubs. 

Even though i dont have a check engine light on i ran a scan and the code P10E4 came up as a possible issue, but after work i ran the scan again and the code disappeared without clearing it or anything. 

If anyone has some type of advice or direction it would be greatly appreciated! 

Even just a week after I bought my new 2017 Silverado 3500 WT I began having those problems and I pulled the fuses for ABS and traction control. I know that seems weird and I’m not saying you should do this but I grew up racing and never liked those features anyways. I tow a lot and this forced me to get a aftermarket trailer brake controller. This actually works much better than the stock one. Happier all around and I never had to deal with the dealership hassle that I read so many people have had to deal with over the years. Good luck, it is a GM issue that maybe or maybe not they can fix for you.

• Like 1

look into your Evap system, sometimes raw fuel gets into the system (sometime when trying to top off the fuel tank) and floods the intake, especially when turning, and at low RPMs stalls the engine, it happens to my son's Ram truck w/Hemi

• Like 1

I have same problem 2017 AT 6.2 

shut off  while driving once  !!! Bot truck new just started this winter 55k 
checked all the grounds neg battery cable etcetc all the known causes 

Dealer had truck for 2 days could not find issue and truck never shut  off when they had  it 

in my case only happened in very cold weather but truck fully warmed up 

when it shuts off cranks and fires but shuts off immediately 

let it sit for 10-15 minutes starts and runs fine ?? 
when dealer had it it showed my low pressure fuel pump was getting weak intermiitently 

they “ think “ the pump getting hot and pressure drops truck shuts off 

when let sit  for a while pump cools then it starts ??? 

34 minutes ago, CDNSS said:

I have same problem 2017 AT 6.2 

shut off  while driving once  !!! Bot truck new just started this winter 55k 
checked all the grounds neg battery cable etcetc all the known causes 

Dealer had truck for 2 days could not find issue and truck never shut  off when they had  it 

in my case only happened in very cold weather but truck fully warmed up 

when it shuts off cranks and fires but shuts off immediately 

let it sit for 10-15 minutes starts and runs fine ?? 
when dealer had it it showed my low pressure fuel pump was getting weak intermiitently 

they “ think “ the pump getting hot and pressure drops truck shuts off 

when let sit  for a while pump cools then it starts ??? 

Thats odd because my truck only does this when the weather is warmer out. This happened a few times last summer but the problem went away once i cleaned the ground behind the passenger wheel. All through the winter it was fine up until we had a few nicer days then the problem came back

So i finally decided to take my truck into the dealer and they checked it out and told me the software was very outdated on a lot of things...cant remember what specifically, but i get my truck back tomorrow and will come back to you guys if the problem is still there.