11 hours ago, pokismoki said:

I don't suppose any product is immune to supply chain issues. Past that..... :dunno: Tic Toc is not where I get my news....

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, pokismoki said:

Do you really think it will get to the point of no oil?    Big oil will not let that happen.  Making to much money as it is now.  Just more falsehoods going around out there. 

The production is low and in return, keeps the price up high so yes, not as much out there like we are used to but it will not get to the point of shutting down everything.

Also this just makes it worse because now you have everyone panic buying.  Think toilet paper of 2020.  No need to do that either.  Carry on business as usual and all will be fine, well except for the higher prices.

• Thanks 2

On 6/24/2022 at 9:15 AM, Black02Silverado said:

Do you really think it will get to the point of no oil?    Big oil will not let that happen.  Making to much money as it is now.  Just more falsehoods going around out there. 

The production is low and in return, keeps the price up high so yes, not as much out there like we are used to but it will not get to the point of shutting down everything.

Also this just makes it worse because now you have everyone panic buying.  Think toilet paper of 2020.  No need to do that either.  Carry on business as usual and all will be fine, well except for the higher prices.

Big oil is now the property of Vanguard Finacial and Black rock financial.  my local mobile refinery was purchased by black rock about 8 years ago.  so the ball is in thier court if they want to shut us all down in favor of batteries and solar panels

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, pokismoki said:

Big oil is now the property of Vanguard Finacial and Black rock financial.  my local mobile refinery was purchased by black rock about 8 years ago.  so the ball is in thier court if they want to shut us all down in favor of batteries and solar panels

Don't confuse sale of assets by ExxonMobil to mean Black Rock bought ExxonMobil. Asset sales happen all the time. El Paso Refining was bought by Chevron USA. Big fish eating little fish and big fish cutting losses from non productive processing units. They have a 'life span' and past that 'Turn Around' cost get silly. 

SIX new gas stations in my area in since 2020. Three of those large truck stops. Oil isn't going anywhere but that wont stop the rumor mill from boiling over. 

As of January 1, 2021, there were 129 operable petroleum refineries in the United States.

The newest refinery in the United States is the Targa Resources Corporation's 35,000 barrels per calendar day (b/cd) condensate splitter in Channelview, Texas, which began operating in 2019. Condensate splitters are distillation units that process condensate, which is lighter than crude oil. Splitter capacity is included as atmospheric distillation units in U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) data.

However, the newest refinery with significant downstream unit capacity is Marathon's facility in Garyville, Louisiana. That facility came online in 1977 with an initial atmospheric distillation unit capacity of 200,000 b/cd, and as of January 1, 2021, it had a capacity of 578,000 b/cd.

Capacity has also been added to existing refineries through upgrades or new construction. Some recent examples of large increases include

• In 2012, Motiva upgraded its refinery in Port Arthur, Texas, making it the largest U.S. refinery, with a capacity of 607,000 b/cd as of January 1, 2021.
  •  
  • In 2015, Valero expanded its Corpus Christi, Texas refinery after previous expansions, bringing its capacity as of January 1, 2021, to 290,000 b/cd.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Not really an old oil but certainly an old school oil. 

71P9XKRO35L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I had not EVER changed the oil in my Honda self propelled bagging lawn mower. 10 years! Thought I should read the book today.  Said change after 5 hours and every 50 hours thereafter. 😬 My best guess is there are about 250 hours on this motor. 

Also said DETERGENT 10W30 API SJ. Hum. I had two bottles of Pennzoil 10W30 SJ in the back of the cupboard. Motor does not have a drain plug I can find. So I used my sample pump to suck it out. Talk about black and thick. So after change one, a blade sharpen, throttle adjustment and air filter service I used it for about 15 minutes and changed oil again....and again.....and ran out of oil. But did make it to the bottom of the sump. Need a trip to Blain's Farm and Fleet. Yea.....zero SJ options but I saw the above and it made me smile. Partly because it's so old school and secondly because it was $6 a quart so I bought 2. 

A single grade detergent with a killer HTHS. Hey! Just might use this in Pepper!! 

DownloadDocumentImage.ashx?aid=18452&oUid=34f881e7-0755-eb11-b800-48df3793b338&pslUid=645c410c-1d56-eb11-b800-48df3793b338&PageNumber=1&Zoom=100

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black02Silverado said:

I have had this for years.  Works great for lawn mowers.  I never use their drain plugs.  I just run it to warm up the oil and suck it out. 

Pela PL-650 6.5 Liters Oil Extractor

Yup, have used that on my boats too. And when my dad overfilled the oil on his Cadillac. Much easier to suck an extra quart out than go underneath!

• Like 1