Any 2.7 Elevations that are lifted?

8 hours ago, ESierra said:

Thats what I'm actually planning as well. Keeping the stock 20" wheels and wrapping them around 33" tires. I don't like the "wide tires" stance on trucks, doesn't fit for me. I'm planning on a 3.5" lift with upgraded struts. I wonder at how much of a mpg hit I'll see. I'm estimating 2MPG less. I'm getting about 23.5 and roughly 450 miles each fill up!

Ya I waffled hard about just sticking some e-rated snowflakes on the factory 20's and could be quite content, it was a close runner up. I really only need the body higher for some proper outdoorsman clearances. My factory black 20's will likely go up for sale by end of summer. And with the 0 offset on the new 17's and going skinnier tire I will only push out further by 0.7" which with a 4" lift will be ideal (not look too inset) but this combo also gives an additional 1.5" clearance over stock on the inside edge of the tire. I'm guessing by September will see mine all done with lift and the pizza cutters. I've pulled the chin spoiler as well. But guessing I won't take too big a mpg hit with the skinnies I'm going to. Will update as we go. Here's the start, some debadging and added limo tint to back window and a brow, and my paddle board rack/tonneau cover. https://www.instagram.com/chasinflags/

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 4banger said:

Ya I waffled hard about just sticking some e-rated snowflakes on the factory 20's and could be quite content, it was a close runner up. I really only need the body higher for some proper outdoorsman clearances. My factory black 20's will likely go up for sale by end of summer. And with the 0 offset on the new 17's and going skinnier tire I will only push out further by 0.7" which with a 4" lift will be ideal (not look too inset) but this combo also gives an additional 1.5" clearance over stock on the inside edge of the tire. I'm guessing by September will see mine all done with lift and the pizza cutters. I've pulled the chin spoiler as well. But guessing I won't take too big a mpg hit with the skinnies I'm going to. Will update as we go. Here's the start, some debadging and added limo tint to back window and a brow, and my paddle board rack/tonneau cover. https://www.instagram.com/chasinflags/

I'm a huge fan of the elevation black rims 20", they look great. I recently found a video of them with A/T tires and lifted. I think it looks great. Maybe at some point I'll consider purchasing different rims, but too expensive for what I want to do. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 5:54 PM, pepe48134 said:

Nothing extreme but I did a 2" lift with Bilstein 5100's and Nitto 34" Tall 275/65R20 w stock wheels on my 22 refreshed Silverado LT 2.7L. Nitto is the only 34" tire you can get in non Light Truck load and it only weights 4 lbs more than stock LT tires are all 13-18 lbs heaver each  and its that unsprung weight that really kills MPG.  Fuel economy was not effected in my case and I looks way better than Stock IMO. RIdes better too.

IMG_7437.jpg

Another question- what did you have them raise the front bilsteins to?

Had them set at the 2" height . its the 2nd to highest. the highest setting is 2.5" but is not recommended with stock control arms. at the 2" setting the ball joints are not at an extreme angle, in fact its hard to tell any difference from the stock angle. 

The 2" setting was a true 2" lift on my truck (I measured before and after with stock tires and it was exactly  2")

Edited by pepe48134
clairification

On 6/21/2022 at 5:54 PM, pepe48134 said:

Nothing extreme but I did a 2" lift with Bilstein 5100's and Nitto 34" Tall 275/65R20 w stock wheels on my 22 refreshed Silverado LT 2.7L. Nitto is the only 34" tire you can get in non Light Truck load and it only weights 4 lbs more than stock LT tires are all 13-18 lbs heaver each  and its that unsprung weight that really kills MPG.  Fuel economy was not effected in my case and I looks way better than Stock IMO. RIdes better too.

IMG_7437.jpg

Finally got the 1" blocks in the rear.  I got the stocks blocks from the previous generation truck They are 1.2" and I milled them down to 1" used the stock bolts from the pervious truck too and they are the right length.  A local shop gave me the blocks out of their scrap pile and the U bolts were ~$8  each.

On 7/8/2022 at 4:46 PM, pepe48134 said:

Looks good. What rubber do you go with? 

Falken Wildpeaks AT3/W; Old tires were Good Year Wrangler SR-As, and these are only slightly more loud. It's noticeable, but not unbearable. I'm looking forward to testing them in the snow, in a few months.

Edited by ESierra

On 6/22/2022 at 3:54 AM, pepe48134 said:

IMG_7437.jpg

Looks good. 

• 2 months later...