HD MY2023 - New Orders / Status

A year and 2 weeks has passed since I ordered my Chevy HD, still nothing. but, my dealer has sister store that's Buick/GMC/Caddy so we placed another order for similar build. So, nothing has changed, still waiting.

A buddy I work with txt me a photo of his on the lot at the dealer. Picking it up tomorrow. Ordered end of Feb, a 2500HD Custom ext cab/LB gasser. It was promised to him end of may. I told him the guy is lying out his ass, no one can guarantee a delivery. Don't know how it was hauled, I htink it came out of Flint, but it looked like it had been setting next to a gravel quarry for 6 months, absolutely filthy.  

super bizarre that some of you guys are still waiting and have waited so long.

i just picked up a truck that was built 5/22 and was sitting on the lot. Not a preorder. the only thing it didn't come with is the parking sensors, but it has "later retrofit" for them

It's all about the configuration and spec level. The other issue is regular cab vs ext/crew ~ It's like they built reg cabs for 3 days in total for 22 models. 

Sure seems like GMC spit out a lot more than Chevys did. Higher spec, little more money, little more profit. Only thing that makes sense because nothing else does. GM doesn't even know, they're a clusterfk. 

Truck was shipped 2 days after being built...i  picked up the 15th... The dealer did not try to add anything sale went very quick...onstar is now in the rpo code so cant be removed and price protection goes from gm to dealer to customer I probably will not ever see anything because my order went to a 2023.  I dont know why some trucks come faster than others...model doesn't make difference...the guy i plow for ordered two trucks a few mo apart in nov/dec 2021 both 3500hd chevy base model and they both came in 3 months even his fleet salesman said it was fast???...well good luck im loving mine.

Glad your truck came fast skeeter. The truck I ordered was built the same week as yours. Dealer told me we probably won’t see it until end of September which frustrates me. I’m in Milwaukee, WI so it’s not like it’s getting shipped across the country. 

14 hours ago, DanH67 said:

I reserved a '22 silverado custom crew cab gasser on May 26th that was already in transit to the dealership. Built in Oshawa. Still waiting after almost 20 expected delivery dates have come and gone. Beyond frustrated. 

Wow, that doesn't seem right. My truck sat at a railyard 56 miles away for about a month, waiting for transport to deliver to dealership, that was frustrating enough!

On 8/27/2022 at 8:27 AM, kylant said:

super bizarre that some of you guys are still waiting and have waited so long.

i just picked up a truck that was built 5/22 and was sitting on the lot. Not a preorder. the only thing it didn't come with is the parking sensors, but it has "later retrofit" for them

The sensors are the only thing missing on my HC that I ordered also, but I don't care if I have them anyway. They are a PITA, tall grass, ice in the winter make them beep annoyingly anyhow!

Bought my 22 2500 ccsb 4wd W/T off the lot last month. Built 7/22 in Flint according to the door tag. 

only options though are Z71, 5th wheel prep, wt convenience package, snow plow and camper pack and upfitters basically. I would have ordered basically the exact same truck so I was happy to find it just sitting there. 

all the meat and potatoes features with none of the lipstick. 

• 1 month later...

Hey all my Chevy dudes and gals! 

Lets refresh - I ordered my HD Aug 12th, 2021 - Still no truck. Mine is a Reg cab LT/LB gasser - Super rare apparently.

A couple weeks back, my gal sales calls me, says I have an update! She say's they are not making any more 2023's in the color I wanted "Cherry Red Tint" and mine will be a 2024 model and I'll be one of the firsts built!  OK, so great, but I thought changeover was in beginning of July? She said no, it will be earlier.

She then sent me a link to the 24' makeover- but I'd seen more than that. 

I told her, if it's a color thing, make it black for christs sake! So I really don't know what the hell is happening anymore than the dealers do.

But, looking at the 24 makeover, I'm cool waiting if for nothing more than the Allison 10sp that will be standard on gas or diesel. 

So bottom line is, still don't have an order through Chevy or GMC in a single cab/LB gasser HD 2500. 

I am OK waiting on the 24 considering the refresh - I'm certainly cool with the trans and the facelift is well received. 

I wish I wasn't worthy of the title I've received by my dealership group, but I have officially waited the longest of any customer for an order of anything in their history. I've been told many times that I am the first topic discussed upon the visit of the GM rep at his monthly visits. Now the 3rd in this position as manufacturer rep.

I would adore the reality of the rumor that 2024's will be happening at the beginning of 2023 - At this point, i'll grasp for any straws regardless of their thinness.