HD MY2023 - New Orders / Status

I wanted to start a thread and get a feel for order processing time on new MY2023 HD orders.  I placed my MY2023 order 3 weeks ago for a Sierra 6.6L gas truck, however order is still stuck in event 1100 - dealer submitted but not accepted yet by GMC.

Have any 2023 orders been officially accepted by GMC yet?  If so, what was your timeframe?  Dealer is still in the dark and the GMC.com chat only can confirm it hasn't been accepted. I think due to MY changeover and the late change to have these trucks be carryover from 2022, there is a lot of uncertainty still (even pricing).

Appreciate any feedback other buyers can share!

59 minutes ago, Moe19733 said:

I placed mine about 5 weeks ago, same deal for me. I was told 8 - 12 months.

wow 8-12 months?!  Was yours a '22 order that was changed to a '23, or was yours a '23 all along?

55 minutes ago, djriv11 said:

wow 8-12 months?!  Was yours a '22 order that was changed to a '23, or was yours a '23 all along?

No way is it 8-12 months.  He must have meant weeks

13 hours ago, nards444 said:

8-12 weeks good luck. 

I knew there was a delay, pretty common knowledge, but had no idea it was that far off!  Glad I'm not ordering right now.

I placed my order 3 months ago...still hasn't been picked up by GM. Apparently, there are restraints on Midnight Edition, Convenience II, Leather, painted black wheels, and some other things I wanted, on a Chevy 2500 LT. Why in the hell would they have these options listed on the build site if they've been unavailable for months?

• Like 1

I ordered in February, was told that end of May/early June they get flipped to MY23’s. I got a call this week saying my truck could be picked up at the factory if I wanted to drop the driver alert 1 and driver alert 2 packages. I’ve opted to wait for all the options I’ve chosen on my AT4. If I was to just take what’s available, I’d go pick up a dodge thats on the lot and ready for pickup today. 
i was told it could still be up to 6 more months. 
This is coming from a large dealer with multiple locations and a very large allocation with GM. Smaller dealers with smaller allocations will be longer wait times. 

I ordered my 2022 3500HD 6.6 gasser on November 1st 2021 and got it mid April 2022.

It was on constant constraint and i had to make package adjustments to get GM to accept it. And with all that i'm still not able to use heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel or parking sensors because they shipped it without the chips. They will retrofit the chips at a later date...... Irritating

On 7/13/2022 at 6:09 PM, Camario said:

Ive been waiting 10 months for my 2022. And im still waiting

Yep.  Like I said, had know idea it was taking this long..brutal.

Ordered Aug 12th - I'm going to send a "Happy Anniversary" card to my dealership in a few weeks-  Order still not picked up by GM - Told a month ago it will be a 23' . I should be hearing it will only be 3-4 months sometime this year.

53 minutes ago, Leonardo Willi said:

Ordered Aug 12th - I'm going to send a "Happy Anniversary" card to my dealership in a few weeks-  Order still not picked up by GM - Told a month ago it will be a 23' . I should be hearing it will only be 3-4 months sometime this year.

Wow 11 months and order not accepted yet? That is crazy, but thinking it must be a dealer allocation issue?