Amsoil Price Hike

My last Amsoil order was 11/21. Just checked, Amsoil OE 5W20 has gone up a $1.10 per quart. A case, 4-1 gallon jugs went up $15.60.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

My last Amsoil order was 11/21. Just checked, Amsoil OE 5W20 has gone up a $1.10 per quart. A case, 4-1 gallon jugs went up $15.60.

Welcome to inflation. Still worth it. EVERY oil company has raised prices and oil additives are in shorter supply so boom up go the prices...

• Like 1

I will continue to use Amsoil in our Hyundai Santa FE being it gets used the most, our primary vehicle. The truck sits on a battery maintainer with storage insurance. Hasn't moved in months. 

• Like 1

Amsoil was one of the last holdouts on raising prices since they buy railroad cars of additives and base oils at a time. 

I have data on price increases of finished lubricants but like everything else computer I can't find it. When I do will share. 

22 hours ago, diyer2 said:

I will continue to use Amsoil in our Hyundai Santa FE being it gets used the most, our primary vehicle. The truck sits on a battery maintainer with storage insurance. Hasn't moved in months. 

An oil and filter change for the Santa FE is now $44.70. 5 quarts Amsoil OE Purolator One filter. The filter went up also. Still worth it IMO.

• Like 1

Everything went up, I mean really. At least if you’re in a pinch. Change your own oil, make your own coffee, take your lunch. If you already do all that than your ahead of the game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2022 at 8:53 AM, diyer2 said:

Got a phone call from my Red Line supplier yesterday giving me a heads up on a 15% increase coming soon. 🥴

1 hour ago, customboss said:

Yes Sir and BOSS media is better but not worth the expense. 

PL11424

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLwg2QNxrYqgHOw1Ie4-uDNe3OXXnwVlIBFNsl4RSsU-z12w69XM9Km-0nv5jiTlBsvoyG8TaYhfSnjEppTf1tFpnCQ3tD03rzau7suNw&usqp=CAE

• Like 1

The Amsoil OE stuff is like $8.60 a quart at napa and the signature stuff is pushing $12 or 13 depending on the weight. Still cheaper than some of the Castrol and Pennzoil stuff when shopping at napa.

I'm just glad I don't pay retail costs on lots of things lol.

Edited by CamGTP
  • Like 1

My thinking, Amsoil OE is rated for 7500 miles. Purolator One filter 10 K miles. Thinking 4 K mile OCI's. Both rated for higher miles but you know me I like clean oil. Severe duty for the Santa Fe is 3750 miles and our use is severe duty.

Customboss UOA on the Amsoil OE at 7500 miles I believe proved it could be run longer. 

• Like 2