2022 Refresh Radio - auto volume

Supposed to be in audio settings on the refreshed trucks:

Audio Settings

From the AM or FM screen, touch '[music note icon]'  and the following may display:

Equalizer : Touch to adjust Bass, Midrange, or Treble using the options on the infotainment display.

Fade/Balance : Touch to adjust by using the controls on the infotainment display or by tapping/dragging the crosshair.

Sound Mode : If equipped, touch to display the following:
‐ Normal: Adjusts the audio to provide the best sound for all seating positions.
‐ Driver: Adjusts the audio to provide the best sound for the driver.
‐ Centerpoint: This setting creates a surround sound from nearly any audio source.
‐ Rear: Adjusts the audio to provide the best sound for the rear seat passengers.

Bose AudioPilot : This feature adjusts the volume based on the noise in the vehicle and the speed.
Touch Off or On.

I don't see it on mine. I have a RST with the BOSE,  RST Premium Package.. basically everything you can get on a RST.  Does anyone know if there are (2) different levels of the BOSE stereo?  Does the High Country have something more with that BOSE?

radio.jpg

3 hours ago, GMC-AT said:

I don't see it on mine. I have a RST with the BOSE,  RST Premium Package.. basically everything you can get on a RST.  Does anyone know if there are (2) different levels of the BOSE stereo?  Does the High Country have something more with that BOSE?

radio.jpg

I looked tonight, could not find an auto volume setting anywhere on my refresh high country. 

I've not seen any setting for it on my High Country, either. Either built-in or not available any longer. Maybe we need the $1500 OnStar plan for it to work? 

I like the adjustment on my 99 Sierra, where it has the dial behind the volume knob. Worked great for over 23 years now.

Seems the feature is a Denali Ultimate and AT4X thing only. (I copied previous post info from a sierra manual)

2022 refresh and 2023 order guides shows a 7 speaker bose package and a 12 speaker bose package.

UQS    Bose Premium Series with 12-speaker system with CenterPoint, Richbass woofer and AudioPilot 

Standard and only available on AT4X and Denali Ultimate trim levels (and not on AT4 or Denali trim levels) 

On silverado the UQS 12 speaker Bose option doesn't show as available (does show the 7 speaker) 

UQA - 7 speaker bose is standard on HC

Edited by redwngr

That's the thing with GM, they come up with newer trims to make people think they're getting more. In reality, they're taking things away from other trims and putting them under a new trim name. The LT was the highest Chevrolet Silverado trim for years, just as SLT was to GMC. (Yes, I do remember when Silverado and Sierra were trims of the C/K1500, so that's another baffling move by GM.) Now, you have to have LTZ, High Country, Denali and now Denali Ultimate. Oh wait, there's the AT4 and now the AT4X. One gets de-contented and the options move to an upper trim. Then, they change a little and add another option or two and give it an entirely different trim name.

GM is not alone. The Laramie was the top Dodge/RAM trim, as was Lariat to Ford. I guess it's just a changing of the times, but it's smoke and mirrors to anyone that has followed along and paid attention to this type of stuff.

Interesting... so I guess there are (2) different levels of the BOSE radio now. I wonder if the new 7 speaker BOSE on the refresh 2022 even has the center sub?   I know my 2019 BOSE sounded better than the new 2022 

Doesn't have much description, but this is what the order guide says for the 7 speaker bose:

UQA    Bose Sound System, premium 7-speaker system with Richbass woofer

Might be more info on the Chev and GMC websites??

• 3 months later...

I was just messing with my radio and my truck dont have this 2023 st4 with a sticker price of 77125 , you would think this truck have pretty much everything ......

edit shame on gm for not putting this on this truck I remember cars in the late 90s have this function ,,,,lol wtf

Edited by Big_Kahuna
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, todd kirchen said:

i can't even turn my radio up loud it just strobes in and out 2023 gmc elevation. i have a 98 chevy with a better stock radio worst radio ive ever had 

Take it in and have the dealer figure it out for you.