Hi Guys. 

I'm looking to install a snorkel or better put, a deep water or water forging kit on my 95 k1500 pickup. I have heard that there is naturally none for this body style. I have heard though there some out there that, with a little rework, can be adapted. For instance from an older Toyota or such. Make, model and of course year is pretty important to get as close as possible. Anyone have any experience with this? 

20211220_153234aa.jpg

20220106_081339aa.jpg

20220121_161144aa.jpg

20220205_134853aa.jpg

20220522_125121aa.jpg

Edited by John Crouse

I'll assume you have looked at the YouTube videos around this topic. The question here is if you are doing this more for looks or for function. If for function, you need to make sure its a sealed system if you are trying to get fording ability. Just as importantly though, you need to raise all your breathers up as well. 

I have been trying to figure out if I can snorkel through the cowl so it looks more stock and is likely just as functional. Though I have also been looking at the GM HMMV snorkels as alternatives. Possibly going through the cowl with a small mushroom intake possibly from one of the jeep fabricators. 

I was just under my k3500 today removing the exhaust flanges because the donuts were completely gone. while under there, I noticed quite a few connections that were not well sealed or wrapped very well against simple things like gravel road dust.  

I imagine fording water (especially dirty flood or creek water) up past the height of the middle of the tire would be quite problematic for the electrical system.  

My thoughts would be you could make a functional snorkel, but it would essentially be cosmetic unless you were willing to ruin many other things that are otherwise fine.