Estolide's in PCMO

My brother showed me an article years ago that oil was a renewable resource. Closed wells all of the sudden producing again. This was before fracking. Of course everyone is hung up on electric. We all know how that鈥檚 produced. Tune into Europe later this winter to find out how there鈥檙e doing with renewables. And shutting down nuclear power plants. I remember the orange man telling Europe at the UN you鈥檙e attached to the wrong horse. I remember them laughing. At the time we were producing enough energy to help them out. I hope people are paying attention, cause we鈥檙e next.

Did the oil change in the Terrain today. Some notes on Biosynthetic's 5W30 SN Estolide offering.聽

1.) Doesn't smell like any oil I've ever used. Darn near neutral.

聽 聽 聽No resemblance in smell to Castrol Castor Oils from the 50/60's or current synthetic/mineral blends.聽

2.) Very light color. Pale yellow. Much like Pennzoil GTL based oil.

聽 聽 聽 Unusually easy to read on the stick. Likely because of the next point......

3.) Unique feel to it.

聽 聽 聽Yes Typical 5W30 thick and slick cold but also like Pepto-Bismol like in coating action but not聽 sticky like Lucas OS. Not a tackifier like coating but a more polar like coating.

聽 聽 聽 Anyone remember Harley Davidson R-105? Like that on a hot shovel.聽

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Did the oil change in the Terrain today. Some notes on Biosynthetic's 5W30 SN Estolide offering.聽

1.) Doesn't smell like any oil I've ever used. Darn near neutral.

聽 聽 聽No resemblance in smell to Castrol Castor Oils from the 50/60's or current synthetic/mineral blends.聽

2.) Very light color. Pale yellow. Much like Pennzoil GTL based oil.

聽 聽 聽 Unusually easy to read on the stick. Likely because of the next point......

3.) Unique feel to it.

聽 聽 聽Yes Typical 5W30 thick and slick cold but also like Pepto-Bismol like in coating action but not聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 sticky like Lucas OS. Not a tackifier like coating but a more polar like coating.

聽 聽 聽 Anyone remember Harley Davidson R-105? Like that on a hot shovel.聽

Thanks for sharing that Grumpy. This is gonna be interesting......BETTER LIVING THROUGH CHEMISTRY

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pokismoki said:

google is full of SH*T customboss

I agree with them being all controlling. However the source of the truth doesn't change truth or fact.聽

Culture wars have some of us all confused.聽

New Performance note on Biosynthetic 5W30

One of the reasons I used Red Line HP for so long was it's ability to remove heat. This has to do with the ester content and the synergy in friction reduction the right amount or percentage of Polyol to PAO has and the greater thermal capacity of esters. Still head and shoulders above anything not ester containing. I collected the data on this using various oils in Pepper and Oliver my air cooled Harley over the years.聽

Well we have a new winner. Biosynthetic. Not a huge edge like Red Line is over Quaker State or Mobil 1 but it is measurable running about 2 degree in oil temperature cooler in back to back with Red Line HP Euro 5W30. I can restore the old temperature but I have to run about 3-5 mph faster to reach the same oil temperature.聽

This is not a feature of viscosity but rather lubricity. This should translate into an improvement in fuel and oil economy as well. That's the hope anyway. 馃槈聽That's the objective note.聽

The subjective observation is noise reduction. Yes I could have measured it if I had thought to but I was not expecting it. Not to this degree anyway. The only noise coming from this motor now is the chicken pecking the GDI system makes. Cam and cam chain systems are dead silent. Okay I don't hear like a teenager but nothing I can hear over the tinnitus. Should have used the sound meter.聽 聽

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, pokismoki said:

i cant determine fact from a google source, I never been deep in the earth to witness the process of oil being created

So using your logic you can't be sure your spark ignited engine actually fires because you haven't been inside the combustion chamber to observe it?聽聽

I see聽 a chess game coming on.......

i cant determine fact from a google source, I never been deep in the earth to witness the process of oil being created

We all have a great great grandfather we never met and yet his existence is undeniable because we exist. Right? We come to that rational conclusion with the power of reason.聽

We can not see the wind but we know that existed because we can see the effect it has on things we can see. Indirect observation.聽

Hebrews 3:4 makes this simple and undeniable statement...

For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything.

Everything you know that predates your existence will require a witness other than your own eyes if you are to believe it don't you think? Even the ability for humans to read this post predates your existence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decay_chain#:~:text=In nuclear science%2C the decay,as a "radioactive cascade".

Look at the section in this link provided titled聽Thorium series. It will help you understand how scientist are able to determine than oil and NG come from plants and animals. This decay chain is the result of Entropy; as is radioactive decay. Everything in the Universe seeks it's lowest state of energy unless acted on by an outside force. This follows a "decay chain". If you don't like this on line source go to the nearest college library and look it up is a source you do trust.聽

• Thanks 1

sFun_duh2.gif

• Haha 1

Grumpy has fought a hard fight using science and data to guide restoring his venerable...聽 2.4L GM engine to exceptional operation. I'd say thats a good anecdotal directional positive for science.聽聽

When we confuse culture war propaganda with science it does get confusing, I will agree with that Stan.聽

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

Science has been so dead on especially lately, what鈥檚 not to trust or believe?

You were publicly quoted so rude not to do so directly. I expect I will regret this......

There is science and there is what somebody says science said. THAT is politics and/or spinning the narrative. Saying it in the name of science doesn't make it science at all. Makes it a plain old lie. Now if we just had a way to tell the difference....

馃

How could we proof gravity?

Would a shock jock pod cast be a reliable source?

Aunt Betty's second cousin?

Former director of the USDA/NSA?

Governor of Dimsville?

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/13/science/13gravity.html

If you bother to read this in it's entirety you will find a bunch of very smart people theorizing聽 and guessing with amazingly childlike wonder in an attempt to convince everyone that an apple knocked off a table wont' hit the ground. Mathematical models abound as evidence that gravity does not exist. But if you read it ALL these models have disclaimers that read something like, " Well....if we don't take X into account this COULD be true" or some such garbage. Them some simple minded radio or pod guys gets hold of the half of it and .............................. It's what they do.

Hey, maybe it doesn't. but if not I have questions about everyday reality that says otherwise.聽

Ecclesiastes 3:11聽 New International Version makes this candid statement of REALITY.聽

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

No matter how smart they think they are. Something to keep in mind when we did in our heels......

Edited by Grumpy Bear

42 minutes ago, customboss said:

Grumpy has fought a hard fight using science and data to guide restoring his venerable...聽 2.4L GM engine to exceptional operation. I'd say thats a good anecdotal directional positive for science.聽聽

When we confuse culture war propaganda with science it does get confusing, I will agree with that Stan.聽

I followed. Lots of flushing and cleaning and rearranging. Different oils and additional cleaning. Years ago Amsoil advised using engine 聽flush before switching to their oil. Basically his engine needed cleaning and flushing because of a bad design. It鈥檚 been known for a long time DI engines and 聽recycling engine gasses gunk up engines. Science hardly, basic engine knowledge. My father years ago when he saw the first PCV said. The engines are eating their own ******. That can鈥檛 be good. Just basic engine knowledge, nothing more. Periodically flushing with diesel fuel and transmission fluid would have accomplished the same done early enough. Sometimes I鈥檝e done numerous times.

• Haha 1