Estolide's in PCMO

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

You were publicly quoted so rude not to do so directly. I expect I will regret this......

There is science and there is what somebody says science said. THAT is politics and/or spinning the narrative. Saying it in the name of science doesn't make it science at all. Makes it a plain old lie. Now if we just had a way to tell the difference....

🤔

How could we proof gravity?

Would a shock jock pod cast be a reliable source?

Aunt Betty's second cousin?

Former director of the USDA/NSA?

Governor of Dimsville?

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/13/science/13gravity.html

If you bother to read this in it's entirety you will find a bunch of very smart people theorizing  and guessing with amazingly childlike wonder in an attempt to convince everyone that an apple knocked off a table wont' hit the ground. Mathematical models abound as evidence that gravity does not exist. But if you read it ALL these models have disclaimers that read something like, " Well....if we don't take X into account this COULD be true" or some such garbage. Them some simple minded radio or pod guys gets hold of the half of it and .............................. It's what they do.

Hey, maybe it doesn't. but if not I have questions about everyday reality that says otherwise. 

Ecclesiastes 3:11  New International Version makes this candid statement of REALITY. 

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

No matter how smart they think they are. Something to keep in mind when we did in our heels......

I was pointing out there are examples of oil wells regenerating. Sometimes people get their panties in a wad when there’s examples of alternative experience. Usually it’s the why can’t we all get along people. I like to keep things very general it invites opinions. Amazingly some people believe their way is absolute. I believe there’s more than one way to skin a cat. Either way it’s entertaining, to me anyway.

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I followed. Lots of flushing and cleaning and rearranging. Different oils and additional cleaning. Years ago Amsoil advised using engine  flush before switching to their oil. Basically his engine needed cleaning and flushing because of a bad design. It’s been known for a long time DI engines and  recycling engine gasses gunk up engines. Science hardly, basic engine knowledge. My father years ago when he saw the first PCV said. The engines are eating their own ******. That can’t be good. Just basic engine knowledge, nothing more. Periodically flushing with diesel fuel and transmission fluid would have accomplished the same done early enough. Sometimes I’ve done numerous times.

Uh huh, yeah that’s why solvent flushes worked so well. Solvents clean top of deposit or if  strong enough metal. It’s science to remove 100,000 + miles of fuels deposits safely. 

Edited by customboss

10 minutes ago, customboss said:

Uh huh, yeah that’s why solvent flushes worked so well. Solvents clean top of deposit or if  strong enough metal. It’s science to remove 100,000 + miles of fuels deposits safely. 

Science put it there. 

1 minute ago, KARNUT said:

Science put it there. 

I applauded his efforts earlier in his threads concerning this vehicle. Probably alerted people to be more vigilant in maintenance. I have two nieces that have that very vehicle. They use a little oil, they just add and go. 

Well well, all act like what we know now we have always known. We also like others to believe than what we know now is the end of all knowing.  Ain't we somethin mom? Arrogance is in the heart of men right next to his greed and shear stupidity.

Oxford says this about SCIENCE:

noun: science
  1. the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

So: 

Science can neither place a thing nor be responsible for it. It is a human activity not something you buy at the store. Science begets understanding if it's methods are followed and the person executing the activity is faithful to that method. 

Science is the PROCESS I FOLLOWED not the result. The result, knowledge, fruit is the product of science. And like any search for understanding it leads you down some unproductive paths at times. SCIENCE brings you back if you follow the method. It has its own check and balance system. If every hypothesis ended in success then science would be a guess that is never wrong. REALLY! Progress to perfect would have ended long ago and this forum would not exist. 

What I HATE is the idea the person performing the task can not ever error.
    Bad science if you do?
    BULL
    Error and recovery from that error is the foundation of scientific method. 

:idiot:

I knew I'd regret this
    :rolleyes:

I followed the method
    I got a great result

I shared that journey and the results, good AND bad.
    No one got the sanitized version.
    Imagine that....I showed my errors in public
    😬
    Is it a perfect result?
    🤔
    Nope.

So what!
    :wtf:

THAT is what this tread was intended to follow, not this childish garbage.......... 
    I got enough judges

:rant:

• Thanks 1

what level in Feet, is the fossil and organic sediment level at or between? and do we drill beyond this level to strike oil??

I need to do more research,  I will be back.. lol  i hope i dont turn into a flat earth'r with all this reading i'm doing in my covid free time.

Edited by pokismoki
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pokismoki said:

what level in Feet, is the fossil and organic sediment level at or between? and do we drill beyond this level to strike oil??

I need to do more research,  I will be back.. lol  i hope i dont turn into a flat earth'r with all this reading i'm doing in my covid free time.

How tall is a mountain? How deep is the sea? How far is a star?😉 

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, pokismoki said:

image.jpeg.9f664203d2350144193364873f7224df.jpeg

10 hours ago, pokismoki said:

I think he does this to yank your guys chain, is he really that ignorant? 

• Haha 3

Latest Biosynthetic 5W30 SN Notes

500 miles this OCI and first trip with her on this oil. It was a picture perfect day weather wise. Low winds. Under 10 mph all day. High humidity. 75 to 85 F for the entire circuit. Primary and secondary roads running 50 to 55 mph. Slower in posted areas passing through small rural Illinois towns. Rolling hills. Just a nice drive. Couple of breaks and eats...

236 miles with an clocked average 46+ mph or 10 faster than the national average. 6.902 gallons metered. I've been using the same pump for about 20 tanks now and have the Linear Logic dialed in tight so I have confidence in the accuracy of this single point I think time will bear out. 34.2 mpg. Not a new record for a single tank but the easiest one done at the highest speed. Motor continues to be quite and running quite cool for these temperatures.

I think even on one tank I can say the efficiency is better. But as I say...time and data will tell the full tail. 

• Thanks 1

https://www.lubesngreases.com/magazine/25_11/oleic-acid-boosts-biobased-oils/

Now if synthetic esters made from veggie oil (Estolides) could get married to GMO high Oleic base oils (HOBS) at near 40 cents a pound we could have our cake and eat it to. :) 

Wait for it 😉 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...