Updates

Mad Max

Just got home and a bell went off in the truck that said an update for your vehicle is available select install now (or something to that effect)  estimated time 15 minutes. System is now updating. Update complete. I can leave now! (Thanks! LOL)

Anyone have any idea what the update included? It’s a 2022 Denali 1500 6.2L

Edited by Mad Max

No idea what the update was for, but I got it last night too.  Always worries me.  Worries me even more since I talked to a friend who’s wife works at one of the big auto companies and is responsible for sending out the updates.  Apparently, it’s not unheard of to end up “bricking” a vehicle.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ricky_Starbucks said:

Can't say that I have ever seen my vehicle update since getting it last October. Is there a setting for this to allow OTA updates?

I recall seeing mine update only once, shortly after I got it in April of 2021. Every once in a while I check for updates and the system always tells me no updates available??

Mine did one in the last few weeks.

Seems like the ota updates do not arrive at all vehicles at the same time --- so even it one is 'published' it may not have been pushed to your vin yet.

If truck is dealer serviced, timing may have worked out that updates were done during servicing.

From '21 OM:

Updates

If equipped, the vehicle can download and install select software updates over a wireless connection. The system will prompt
for certain updates to be downloaded and installed. There is also an option to check for updates manually.

To manually check for updates, touch Settings on the Home Page and select the System tab. Go to the Vehicle Software section and touch Updates. Follow the on-screen prompts.

The steps to check for, download, and install updates may vary by vehicle.

The vehicle can be used normally during the software download. Once the download is complete, there may be a prompt to accept the installation of the update upon the next ignition cycle or the next time the vehicle is shifted into P (Park).

For most updates, the vehicle will be disabled and cannot be driven during the installation. The system will deliver messages indicating success or error during and after the download and installation processes.

Downloading Over-the-Air vehicle software updates requires Internet connectivity, which can be accessed through the vehicle’s built-in 4G LTE connection, if equipped and active. If required, data plans are provided by a third party.

Optionally, a secure Wi-Fi hotspot such as a compatible mobile device hotspot, home hotspot, or public hotspot can be used. Applicable data rates may apply.

To connect the infotainment system to a secured mobile device hotspot, home hotspot, or public hotspot, touch Settings on
the Home Page, select the System tab, followed by Wi-Fi Networks. Select the appropriate Wi-Fi network, and follow the on-screen prompts. Download speeds may vary.
On most compatible mobile devices, activation of the Wi-Fi hotspot is in the Settings menu under Mobile Network Sharing, Personal Hotspot, Mobile Hotspot, or similar.

Availability of Over-the-Air software updates varies by vehicle and country. Features are subject to change. For more information on this feature, see my.gmc.com/learn.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...