2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Multipro Tailgate vs Hitch Problem

matt99199

Hey guys,

Bought a new 2022 sierra 1500 and also a B&W multipro 2" hitch but it just barely hits it when fully down. Maybe by 1/2"?

Has anyone solved this issue for the refresh model years? Seems they changed something in the geometry from past years...

Here is the hitch I got: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09C2KT6GP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I'll try and grab some pictures tomorrow before I send it back.

Also noticed that my tailgate electronic lockout for the multipro doesn't work as described in the manual. Checking with the dealer on this, I have the Denali so it should have all the bells and whistles you would think...

22's shouldn't need the tailgate fix as you can hold the midgate button for 3 or 5 seconds to lock it and do the same to unlock it so it doesn't accidentally get dropped when you have a hitch in.

On 9/22/2022 at 6:24 PM, matt99199 said:

Also noticed that my tailgate electronic lockout for the multipro doesn't work as described in the manual. Checking with the dealer on this, I have the Denali so it should have all the bells and whistles you would think...

The remote fob needs to be within 3 feet of the tailgate. Thought mine wasn't working till I grabbed the fob.

On 9/23/2022 at 10:08 AM, Alltoreup said:

Another option is No Splice Plug-N-Play Tailgate Fix - GMC Multipro Chevy Multi-Flex Trucks.

I haven't bought this yet but it looks like a reasonable solution that imho GMC and Chevrolet should have included with the multi-pro tailgate option.

I'm getting this. I recently had a mishap with my tailgate and am not cool with having the dent guy out again for something that is easily avoided!

Hmmm I'm guessing the ecu that controls my tailgate isn't flashed with the proper software.

I have the fob on the tailgate and no matter what I do I cant get my 2022 refreshed 1500 to lock the multipro portion.

It just unlocks and does nothing after holding it for 10+ sec.

Tried locking and unlocking to wake the vehicle but nothing.

Will bring it to a service center to check it out.