I have a 2017 GMC Sierra 1500. Ok internet gurus, need your advice here. When I'm using my camper, I would disconnect my tailgate review camera and hook up the camper, on my last trip, I got careless and accidently left some slack in the camper wire harness and it landed on the muffler. Needless to say, I didn't notice any issues pulling out of my driveway but by the time I got to where I was going the wire insulation had melted through and stuck to the muffler. I'm assuming that it grounded out and then shorted something out. I disconnected it at camp and when I reconnected the tailgate camera the blue screen and service rear video displayed. I had hooked up the camper probably a couple dozen times since I owned the truck and also coincidently I broke off the little clip that hold the tailgate wire on this trip so didn't worry that it wasn't working at camp because it wasn't tight. I ordered a new tailgate camera and hooked it up, still didn't work. I ordered a new wiring harness for the camper and tried that, still didn't work. I read through all the threads on here I could find about this problem and it basically came down to three things. 1) Fuses, 2) The Video Control Module and 3) Some type of Program update from the dealer.

I tried checking various fuses but didn't do the Dallas Diag Guy thing of replacing the whole fuse block. Not sure I hit on the right fuse but the taillight, reverse lights and tailgate lock all work. I have had the truck for 95K miles and I take it to the dealer for oil changes so I'm assuming I'm current on software updates but I guess that's a possibility but since this is my first issue with the rearview but I don't think that's it. So, now I'm looking at the Video Control Module as a possibility or should I keep hunting for fuses. Does anyone know if 84624987 is the correct # for my 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 if I go that route? Someone posted that # and someone else posted 84691752, so not sure if that matters. Also, does anyone know what fuse I should be checking?

The scanner shows code B127B

Edited by OkieDavid

41 minutes ago, OkieDavid said:

SOLVED: It's fuse #31, "Accessory/Run/Crank" in the left-hand side fuse panel in the cab. 

Ok, quick question... So the fuse #31 had nothing to do with startability of your truck?

7 hours ago, mikeyk101 said:

Ok, quick question... So the fuse #31 had nothing to do with startability of your truck?

Not that I noticed, I drove it for a couple of weeks before I gave up and took it to the dealer, this is the fuse # they identified, and it works now. You would have thought based on the description that I would have noticed something else not working but everything worked as far as I could tell (taillights, backup lights, tailgate lock, etc). 

• Like 1

I know this is a bit off topic but when installing a dash cam, I used a piggy back fuse tap on that fuse to wire the power and was highly encouraged to use another because of its description. It seemed to be working just fine but I ended up swapping to another fuse. I also never got around to investigating exactly what was part of that circuit but appreciate the reply. Thanks!