Stop Order on 2023 HD's?

2 hours ago, elcamino said:

I have noticed a bunch of work trucks on local dealer lots recently (last 2 months), both Chevy and GMC dealer had over a Doz,  Most ones I checked out were 2500 CC gas engine in the color white. There were several reg cab 2500 as well, all 4wd. Another thing I saw on many was "upfitter swtichs".  2 different dealers, one the Chevy and the other GMC.  They all showed up around the same time and I just looked and none are showing in dealer inventory.  I would assume GM batch built the work trucks, held orders till a certain point and they released them into production once parts were confirmed available.  Not an uncommon practice for what are deemed fleet vehicles.  Just my observation after driving fleet vehicles for over 30 yrs, our vehicle dept would always tell us GM needed a 1 yr lead time to build our trucks (100's of them, pu, burban).

Well guess that answers that. My truck to a T. White 6.6 gas ccsb with upfitters. But also a few non strip options like Z71, 5th wheel gooseneck pack, spray in liner elec. tailgate and plow and camper packs. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2022 at 7:06 PM, Ry Guy said:

Are there any updates as to when dealers will start taking 2024 orders? If production is going to start early next year, will they start taking orders before then? 

The first saleable 24's were built last week. 

• Haha 1