Stop Order on 2023 HD's?

My dealer informed me that Chevy has issued a stop order on 2023 HD's.  Effectively canceling my 2023 order that was placed over the summer when Chevy couldnt fulfill my 2022 order from January.  When I heard the 2024's were going to be out in the first half of 2023, I suspected this would happen.  Anyone else getting any info along this line?  Not sure what the 2024 pricing is going to look like either?

I..don't know.  I placed an order for a 2500 LT in June, then in early September saw 2023 B&P was up, so change it to a 3500 LTZ. October 1, I called and asked if the allocation was in and told it happened mid-September (build est. November)-and for an LT. Apparently, my order wasn't changed.

I called the dealership yesterday and asked for a status update. I was told the LTZ was built Nov. 3 and is in a yard in Oshawa. "LTZ? You said it was an LT in October."  "Well we had a "plan B"-we ordered you an LTZ AND LT." "But back in June, huh..before I asked for my order changed-and I only want one truck". "That's OK-you can have either, but the LT is still pending"

So I can pick from a mystery truck or wait. Strange days. At this point, if the LTZ is even close, I'll probably take it. Hope it doesn't end up sitting in a storage yard for no telling how long.

13 hours ago, dal1980 said:

My dealer informed me that Chevy has issued a stop order on 2023 HD's.  Effectively canceling my 2023 order that was placed over the summer when Chevy couldnt fulfill my 2022 order from January.  When I heard the 2024's were going to be out in the first half of 2023, I suspected this would happen.  Anyone else getting any info along this line?  Not sure what the 2024 pricing is going to look like either?

whats going to suck is that is that 24 is going to cost, 5-7 k more than that 22 you started with. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, dal1980 said:

Were you trying for gas or diesel?  What cab?

Edited by newdude

15 hours ago, dal1980 said:

The pricing is what im worried about the most, i was already up about $3700 going from a 22 to a 23.   

So I had a 22 order in,  early in the year,  took to August to get and they added $1500 for onstar option thats mandatory now.  The 23 model went up like 2500 bucks, and would assume the 24 to go up about the same.  Depending on when you initiall ordered the 22,  easily 5k, but could be closer to 7

16 hours ago, newdude said:

Were you trying for gas or diesel?  What cab?

LT Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.6 Gasser, Z71 Sport which that package seemed to be part of the problem.  The Z71 Sport package, in LT trim, leather and convenience 2 was an issue also.  Parts shortages led them to use said parts in higher trim level trucks.  More profit in LTZ and High Country than LT trim I assume. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 7:58 AM, dal1980 said:

LT Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.6 Gasser, Z71 Sport which that package seemed to be part of the problem.  The Z71 Sport package, in LT trim, leather and convenience 2 was an issue also.  Parts shortages led them to use said parts in higher trim level trucks.  More profit in LTZ and High Country than LT trim I assume. 

I gave up on my LT order today and am taking the LTZ which I have a VIN for and should be here EOM. The LT is still in order acceptance stage and I agree the CP2 among other things might've been an issue. Good luck on your order.

On 11/10/2022 at 6:58 AM, dal1980 said:

Yep, you are exactly right on the trim levels. GM is definitely focusing on the more expensive trucks as I ordered my HC in March and had it by July 1st after it sat in a railyard 60 miles away for a month to boot. It's all about ringing the cash register, "Mo Money, Mo Money, MO Money!!"...

42 minutes ago, mtbadbob said:

Yep, you are exactly right on the trim levels. GM is definitely focusing on the more expensive trucks as I ordered my HC in March and had it by July 1st after it sat in a railyard 60 miles away for a month to boot. It's all about ringing the cash register, "Mo Money, Mo Money, MO Money!!"...

I don’t know how the WT gas truck I found was built so quick.  it was built in July and I bought it in August.  Based off all the info of them only building high end trims, I feel lucky. 

7 hours ago, Pryme said:

I don’t know how the WT gas truck I found was built so quick.  it was built in July and I bought it in August.  Based off all the info of them only building high end trims, I feel lucky. 

I have noticed a bunch of work trucks on local dealer lots recently (last 2 months), both Chevy and GMC dealer had over a Doz,  Most ones I checked out were 2500 CC gas engine in the color white. There were several reg cab 2500 as well, all 4wd. Another thing I saw on many was "upfitter swtichs".  2 different dealers, one the Chevy and the other GMC.  They all showed up around the same time and I just looked and none are showing in dealer inventory.  I would assume GM batch built the work trucks, held orders till a certain point and they released them into production once parts were confirmed available.  Not an uncommon practice for what are deemed fleet vehicles.  Just my observation after driving fleet vehicles for over 30 yrs, our vehicle dept would always tell us GM needed a 1 yr lead time to build our trucks (100's of them, pu, burban).

Edited by elcamino
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, elcamino said:

I have noticed a bunch of work trucks on local dealer lots recently (last 2 months), both Chevy and GMC dealer had over a Doz,  Most ones I checked out were 2500 CC gas engine in the color white. There were several reg cab 2500 as well, all 4wd. Another thing I saw on many was "upfitter swtichs".  2 different dealers, one the Chevy and the other GMC.  They all showed up around the same time and I just looked and none are showing in dealer inventory.  I would assume GM batch built the work trucks, held orders till a certain point and they released them into production once parts were confirmed available.  Not an uncommon practice for what are deemed fleet vehicles.  Just my observation after driving fleet vehicles for over 30 yrs, our vehicle dept would always tell us GM needed a 1 yr lead time to build our trucks (100's of them, pu, burban).

My initial order was put on hold for a week or two because GM was only making WT, at least thats what the dealer said.