On 12/4/2022 at 11:56 AM, Randall Sizemore said:

I just purchased a 2020 Chevy Silverado RST and I want to add a front camera. How do I know if it can be added to my current system. 

Hi Randall

I searched this and then  asked this question. Short posts and trailer hitches sticking out are impossible to see.  OEM Cam is too complicated and expensive. Finally. I got one off Amazon at a decent price. Wolfbox G900 for under @200 US.

I installed it under the license plate holder. Drilled a hole to fit it. Barely noticeable. This Display clips over the rearview mirror and is very clear.  Cool thing about this is you can have a split screen with ground view and forward as it's a dash cam too. It also toggles up and down with a swipe of your finger. Easy to install. Just one wire through firewall to cam, from rear view mirror. Then power cable from Acc plug to display.  I was quoted $600 US to have it professionally installed. 

I can see the paint markings on the ground now, and have a dash cam recording in case we get cut off and ditch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Randall Sizemore said:

Do you have pics? 

Not yet, can post tomorrow maybe. Check out Cam on Amazon. I glued mine into place under front bumper, below license  plate. It is clear, touch screen, swipe to change views. It's meant to be a rear view Cam...but we have that already. I like hoe it pans up and down with a swipe of  your finger 

On 12/6/2022 at 4:49 PM, Randall Sizemore said:

Do you have pics? 

Here are some pics, video won’t load 

it can zoom down to see something this close, or pan up with a swipe of your finger 

the drill is very low! 
pretty easy to install. Parts fit under the Onstar plastic housing at rear view mirror 

5A3BF70E-FE18-49F5-9493-7DEC2595B032.jpeg

CE51BD26-453E-456A-9E9C-DC9E249E1539.jpeg

B4A7D740-5C72-4E63-BC76-E0DF2D038EB3.jpeg

08782D93-0652-44D1-9CF5-7BC4DDDF381C.jpeg

Edited by Mike Duhaime
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, jerracing1 said:

That badass , do you have a link

On Amazon.

I got the Wolfbox 900

you don't need to wire into reverse light . The cam is always on. I have a kill switch to cut all power if left on one week at airport.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I have an idea for this.. 

There is a mod for the illuminated mirror in which the camera/spoiler is swapped for those who have standard mirrors. Couldnt you just remove the camera and mount it to the front of the truck?

That way you can push the button on the rear view mirror and see the front of your truck in the rear view? 

Anyone have any ideas on this?

On 2/15/2023 at 2:30 PM, DHBWA said:

So you lose the original rear view unless you power off?

yes, just touch base switch to blacken display and it's a reg rear view mirror. It still records. Just touch screen anywhere to see cams.