Catalytic Convertors

Not really.

The y-pipe will not bolt up at all.

Technically the only thing you could do is chop the cat off that pipe and the exhaust on the 2017 truck, then weld the cat back into place. But it's still possible that the 2002 cat converter does not do enough for the much newer emissions requirements on the 2017 truck. So the check engine light could come back on.

Check engine light blinks and when the tranny downshifts the exhaust vibrates really bad only when dropping into a lower gear it was giving me a code of engine misfire on 3 and 5 so I replaced all ignition coils on negative side all new spark plugs driver and passenger cleaned my throttle body and reset it but I haven't tried changing my 02 sensors just need some different opinions on what it might be causing my check engine to blink that's usually something serious

23 minutes ago, Victor Brown said:

Check engine light blinks and when the tranny downshifts the exhaust vibrates really bad only when dropping into a lower gear it was giving me a code of engine misfire on 3 and 5 so I replaced all ignition coils on negative side all new spark plugs driver and passenger cleaned my throttle body and reset it but I haven't tried changing my 02 sensors just need some different opinions on what it might be causing my check engine to blink that's usually something serious

What are the codes in the truck?  Not a description, but the code number.  So say its P0303.  

A cat y pipe would not be compatible from a 2002 to a 2017.  Different emissions requirements, different exhaust layout.  

13 hours ago, Victor Brown said:

That does not sound like a catalysator issue. I think you should start with a systematic fault analysis instead of just changing parts. Otherwise you probably end up wasting a lot of money.

As @newdude said, what are the fault codes?

I have no choice I had a full scan done and the only thing that came up was a engine misfire on cylinders 3 and 5 and I was told to change the ignition coils and wires so that's what I did but the engine light keeps coming on and blinking from my experience that indicates a bad cat maybe I should perform a smoke test to see if there is a vacume leak somewhere just hoping someone out there might of encountered something similar

A blinking Check Engine Light indicates only misfires. Nothing todo with the catalytic converter.

There are a lot of reasons for misfires. Bad plugs, bad ignition coils, low fuel pressure, bad injectors, broken valves, lifters, compression issues and so on.

I really think you should perform a step by step fault analysis.

I thought this was a place we bounce ideas off of each other y am I being questioned like I don't know what I'm talking about instead of telling me where you think I'm wrong which I'm not try helping me out it has everything to do with the cat for example what steps would you take if you had a deep scan of your vehicle done and you came up with one code so you think you have the problem pinpointed well after repairing all areas that have to do with that code your problem still exists what would you all do that's all I'm here for advice not who's wrong or who's right