2019 DFM DELETE HELP

Hey all I am looking for insight on deleting the dfm system on my 2019 

I have the 5.3 L84 engine. 

I have the engine apart already and all parts on order.

As much research as I did I am now getting conflicting info about the Camshaft.

Per the website and what I researched the cam needed to be swapped out to non dod cam.

I ordered that one but now I am getting info that the cam possibly does not need to be swapped on this particular engine even when replacing all the lifters to non dfm style.

Can anyone confirm either way??

• 2 months later...

So what did you ever end up finding out about the camshaft? I emailed Michigan Motorsports and they replied saying that a new oil pump is not needed and a new camshaft is not needed either as long as it's not damaged from failure (mine isn't). I just wanted to confirm that this is correct info for when I decide to do my delete. It just seems odd that you wouldn't need a new one.

• 8 months later...

The l84 and l87 engines have 16 of the AFM lifters, the cam has the same profiles on the entire camshaft unlike the DOD/AFM, in theory you should be able to use the stock cam so long as it’s not damaged…. I have been having an issue with the number 8 intake lifter wiping the locators in the lifter trays… the lobe on the cam looks good as far as I can tell, but I have ordered a DFM delete kit and a replacement cam, at this point  am researching whether I can use the range DFM disabler with the hardware removed or if I have to suck it up and have my ecm unlocked 

On 1/14/2023 at 7:26 PM, Chris383cc said:

Hey all I am looking for insight on deleting the dfm system on my 2019 

I have the 5.3 L84 engine. 

I have the engine apart already and all parts on order.

As much research as I did I am now getting conflicting info about the Camshaft.

Per the website and what I researched the cam needed to be swapped out to non dod cam.

I ordered that one but now I am getting info that the cam possibly does not need to be swapped on this particular engine even when replacing all the lifters to non dfm style.

Can anyone confirm either way??

Did you get this project finished?