Front Camera GM Parts & Installation Help

I have a 21 Silverado RST, and I have a tight garage.  I was hoping to add a OEM Front Camera System to help park right up close so there is no worry with the door shutting.  I want to say I saw a thead at some point where a member added OEM cameras, but haven't been able to find it.  In any case I would need to know the correct parts and numbers to order.  Any advice from those who have gone this route would be great as well.

Thanks!

What would the best Front Camera System for my Silverado.  I had hoped to go with an OEM part(s) but I wan't sure.  Saw a video system from MVi, but I have no idea on this.  Looking for something pretty much easy "plug and play."

Thanks everyone.  I have taken the tennis ball route, and it works great for the tight space.  I would just like to do the camera install if possible.  Not only would it help with the garage, but it would help with parking so the back end is poking out too bad.

On my 2021 Silverado I used a Yakry Backup Camera mounted on my front license plate.  ....I aimed it downward so I could see the front line in parking spaces.  ....I'm sure it would work for you.

I used a Model Y11 (approx $45) and hardwired it to the display which I mounted on top of the dash.  ....I also put a switch next to the display so it only active when I chose.

https://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Reverse-Installation-Waterproof-Yakry/dp/B073NZQTQN/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3SA7DUCAQLJFU&keywords=yakry+y11+backup+camera&qid=1674537921&sprefix=yakry+y11%2Caps%2C72&sr=8-1

There are wireless models also made by Yakry and may make for easier installation.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=yakry+backup+camera&crid=10HPG49PS09MN&sprefix=yakry+backup+camera%2Caps%2C118&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

While I believe it is possible to do, it’s not as simple as you may think. You can’t just add a front factory camera and have it work. There are other modules and programming (that isn’t available from GM) that are needed for that camera to work. The Video Processing module in your truck may not even have the port to plug in a front camera, I don’t believe trucks built only with a rear cam are able to accept more cameras. So, you may be looking at finding a VPM from a truck that had more cameras. You also have to get the programming on the aftermarket from a company like WAM, whiteautoandmedia.com

If you want a factory front camera the easiest thing for you to do is trade in your truck for one that was built with it. 

Otherwise you’re going to be stuck with one of the aftermarket solutions like what @cwtech references above with a separate screen. 

GarandPappy I also have been wanting to install a front camera in my 2019 Sierra with the IOS radio. I was considering the Intellihaul 2.0 system but don't think I can justify the $1200 price. I just found a front camera kit at Camera Source that integrates with the IOS radio in my truck. and it was $549.00. I can get it with a 10% military discount, so I am really thinking seriously about getting it.

Here is a link if you want to check it out.

https://www.camerasource.com/automotive-backup-cameras/gm-front-side-cameras/2019-2021-gm-front-camera-kit-for-8-ios-iot-display

• Like 1