2022 "REFRESH"?????

What level is LTD?  Is that "Limited"?  I'm not aware of that level but I'm new to GMC Sierra.   

I've seen a bunch of different interior pictures and I can't tell what's what (2020-2022). 

The exterior is also hard to nail down.  I look up 2022 Sierra and there are like 3 different front ends.  It's all very odd and confusing.  

I guess I'm glad I got mine this year, 2023.  I'm new to GMC, was always a Silverado driver, and the levels have changed quite a bit since around 2016 (last time I bought a truck).  Now there are different SLT levels, which is very confusing and not good for business in my opinion.  

Maybe it's all to do with the sucky supply issues. 

3 hours ago, Tom73 said:

I have a ‘22 Limited. It is nothing more than a leftover 21. The 22 refresh has a new interior and a different grill. Otherwise basically the same. 

Refresh also has more standard safety features along with projector headlights.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 9:55 PM, OmniCamaro said:

What does this entail?  How do you know what it is or if you have it?  

Do all 2023's have whatever it is?

2022 refresh look like 2023.

2022 LTD look like 2021.  

Refresh and forward all have new front clips, mid trims and higher have all new dashboards, cluster, radio and controls.  All trims changed vehicle electrical platform to the GM VIP (GM Global B) architecture.  

21 hours ago, Tom73 said:

I have a ‘22 Limited. It is nothing more than a leftover 21. The 22 refresh has a new interior and a different grill. Otherwise basically the same. 

Lots of under the skin changes on refresh.  LTD trucks are on GM Global A electrical architecture, refresh and onward are on GM VIP (Global B).  As a result, the way the modules communicate with each other is changed somewhat, even the tire pressure monitoring and sensors.  Almost all major programming at the dealer is done with the vehicle off now too.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 3:21 PM, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

Pretty simple. Unless you get the lowest trim level which retains the older dash.

Untitled.jpg

2021-gmc-sierra-interior-cabin-bg.jpeg

Definitely glad I got the 2023 with the huge screen; my old a$$ eyes need it.  I kind of like the button rail down lower though.

I think I saw somewhere that they just changed the start button, maybe 2024.