Kicker Hideaway Sub

Has anyone used the Kicker Hideaway powered sub? Im talking about the 8" power sub that will fit behind the seat(crewcab) NOT the GM/Kicker sub that mounts under the seat....

I am not looking for anything that is going to shake the windows anymore, i just want something that will make the stock radio(non bose) sound better.

I don't have any experience with either subs you mention. I do have a lot of experience with audio in general. Adding any sub will improve sound because it fills in the lower frequencies that are missing. 

I would also upgrade the stock speakers.

I will be installing the Kicker 46HS10 powered subwoofer in my 23 Denali in a few days.

Anyone know the easiest way and location to connect the speaker level wires?  I heard I need to connect to front speaker wires and not the rear.  I plan to locate the sub under the rear seat.  also what and where is the easiest way/location to connect the auto power on?  Should I pull the rear seat and make connections to the factory amp outputs there?

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20646HS10/Kicker-46HS10.html?tp=114

Edited by typhoon186

I had the Kicker hideaway in my 2016 truck, its a nice unit that provides enough low end to the stock system.  I don't know how it will sound with the newer generation stock stereos but it was a nice addition to the previous generation.  

I got my Kicker hideaway 46SH10 installed.  Turned out nice.  Found it to fit PERFECTLY within the storage area under the rear seat with just a little trimming of the storage area wall.  It's exactly what I was looking for.  Small size with decent sound and easy installation at a good price.  It's not going to pound your chest when the base hits but it does a good job of filling in the low end on the new refreshed Bose system.  I mounted the base boost control under the dash just in front of the driver's knee (just above the .45) both for easy access.

IMG_9739.jpg

IMG_9750.jpg

IMG_9744.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/22/2023 at 7:22 PM, typhoon186 said:

Note- 

be sure to connect the sub to the front door speaker wires.   Not the rear.  

Can you tell me how you wired it all up? I have the same wiring questions as you.

removed the rear upper seat to access the factory amplifier.  Then just tap into the left front and right front speaker wires.  Sorry I can't remember the colors.

I put a Kicker 46HS10 Hideaway under my rear seat and I love it.  Really fills in the bass that was missing from the factory Bose system without rattling the windows....lol