Noco GCP1 AC Port plug install

s-l1600.jpg.fe166471e6b56481531fe78aac38d85d.jpgLooking for install ideas with photos to add an AC Port plug to my truck.  I don't run my truck enough to keep my battery in topped up.  Planning on permanently installing a NOCO GENIUS 2D battery maintainer.   I found several examples on Dodge, Ford and older Silverados but not much for the 2014-2018 models.Screenshot_20231219_192530_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.a105808542b8ae1320f51298b0878a96.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2014 High Country.  I bought the NOCO Port plug a while back and just getting around to installing mine.  Did you narrow down a spot and install?  If so, do you have any pictures?  I am thinking of going low - down into the bottom black plastic layer (skid plate) or even the very bottom black plastic (air deflector) - but have not pulled the pickup in to look behind there and see if it will work.  Thanks!

Not yet.  Been busy with the holidays.  I have found lots of post where people drill out the chrome bumper or fender.  One post on a different model truck he crawled under the truck and drilled the plastic right behind the bumper and another one where they drilled the wheel well liner plastic .  Looked very clean but hoping for more ideas.

I made a template to print out and look myself one evening when the weather warms up a bit.  You can print the NOCO GCP1.pdf without scaling and get an idea what might work.  I plan on sharing photos of what others have done. I just haven't found the time to post anything yet.

The anchor bolts are my best guess don't use my template to mark and drill holes! 

NOCO GCP1.pdf NOCO GCP1 15A 125V AC Port Plug.pdf

Edited by Yewtink
1) fixed typos, 2) bolt locations best guess

image.png.3c2d4289cef7a7a57789370154d99092.png

screenshot of the pdf file, download the PDF print "Actual Size" and trim down with scissors.  Can check confirm scale by measuring the 2" dimension.

The anchor bolts are my best guess don't use my template to mark and drill holes! 

Edited by Yewtink
1) added text for clarity, 2) disclaimer on bolt hole locations

Thanks - very helpful.  My pickup is similar to picture below.  The silver does not leave much space for a hidden black socket.  I cannot fit it flush on the black area on either side of the license plate (side plate?) - the tow hooks are in the way.  I am going to try installing it on the air deflector as shown near the red mark for this picture, except aiming to do it on the drivers side.   If you have any pictures of a similar install from others, feel free to throw one up here.  It is getting cold up north, mine is to connect with the engine block heater....so I will probably install it in the next 1-2 days.  

2024-01-10 (1).png

Edited by Jon Jon

I typed up a long response last night and apparently didn't hit submit.  I was thinking about looking beside and behind the license plate.  Several companies make a spring loaded flip-up plate that you can hide a winch or hitch.  I was thinking about trying something like that if I don't have room beside the tags.  On my truck I feel that is probably my best option I just haven't looked around to see what all is in that area.  Relentless Fabrication makes this, but still need to confirm it will bolt-up for my use.  Just emailed them for more information on this product.

image.png

Edited by Yewtink

• 2 weeks later...