Post Pics of Your 2014+

3 hours ago, Artie61 said:

Hard to tell by picture , is it a crew cab with the 6.5 ? or the 5.9 bed ? my dog loves the double cab, my family, not so much !

LWB - crew cab with a 6.5. Same configuration as my 2014 was and all I'll ever buy from here on out! 

9 hours ago, jono20 said:

LWB - crew cab with a 6.5. Same configuration as my 2014 was and all I'll ever buy from here on out! 

MY life sucks Only kidding , that was the setup I went out to get  but there were not any for 200 miles when I was looking also wished I got it with the 6.2  but thought I would save on fuel  only to find out both these motors are almost the same on MPG , 

Good luck with your new ride !

4 hours ago, Artie61 said:

MY life sucks Only kidding , that was the setup I went out to get  but there were not any for 200 miles when I was looking also wished I got it with the 6.2  but thought I would save on fuel  only to find out both these motors are almost the same on MPG , 

Good luck with your new ride !

Yeah it's surprising how rare they are, I'd say less than 1 in 10. I was strongly considering going to a 2500HD just because it's so much easier to find the crew cab + regular box.

Thanks! They were in the first post. Darn thing said my files were too big to post both pictures at once.

2014 Silverado Z71
Blue Topaz Metallic
4" BDS Suspension Lift
18x9" Fuel Boost -12 Offset w/ Fox Shocks and Coilovers
Fallen Wildpeak AT3W 285/65 r18

Going to bump up to some 305/65r18 tires next time.

Hey man, your truck looks great. I've got a 15 Silverado with a 2" level at the moment. I'm running the 265/70/18 Falken ATW3's as well. Did you install the BDS yourself? Did you recalibrate your speedo? What kinda mileage are you getting now? Do you tow anything?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, WillDiet said:

Hey man, your truck looks great. I've got a 15 Silverado with a 2" level at the moment. I'm running the 265/70/18 Falken ATW3's as well. Did you install the BDS yourself? Did you recalibrate your speedo? What kinda mileage are you getting now? Do you tow anything?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did install the lift kit myself. Not too difficult, but a little tough torquing all of the bolts without a car lift. I am getting about 14mpg that is about 60% on highway at 80mph and 40% around town. My speedo is only off 1mph at 80mph (speedo says 80 when actually travelling 81) with the 285/65. I tow a medium sized tractor a few times a year, but have not done so since the lift. The tires I am running are only about 1" bigger than stock (32.6" diameter) so the power difference is negligible.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2018 at 10:10 AM, jono20 said:

Made a huge mistake buying my '17 Sierra Double Cab. Needed the 6.5 bed and figured I'd compromise on cab size to save a few bucks. After close to a year of remorse my dealer gave me a great opportunity to go back in time and buy what I should have from the start!

IMG_20180130_161813 (1).jpg

That color and those wheels....beautiful.

On 2/6/2018 at 12:27 AM, shadrickjm said:

No rubbing at all, if I'm not mistaken I think 285= 32.8

On 2/5/2018 at 6:34 PM, Artie61 said:

Any rubbing 285 's = 33 s? 

285 has nothing to do with height. 285 in the number means the tires are 285mm wide. The number after that is the percentage of that width and equals the height of the sidewall...

Edited by techsan15
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, techsan15 said:

285 has nothing to do with height. 285 in the number means the tires are 285mm wide. The number after that is the percentage of that width and equals the height of the sidewall...

285 does in fact determine height as well. Go look at 285/55, 295/55 and 305/55. Both the 295 and 305 is taller than the 285. The 305/55 comes in nearly a inch taller than 285/55.