2004 Silverado Gauge Cluster Power Failure

The cluster on my 2004 Silverado has be intermittantly failing for the past few months so I decided to dig into it in search of the cause and to try and repair it. All of the gauges and both displays will randomly shut down. But the turn signals and check engine light will stay powered up. After opening the cluster up, I went over all of the solder points and didn't find anything that looked broken or cracked. But I did find two burnt/shorted-looking spots on the Driver Info Display and the Gear Selector Display (pics below) I've read that this power failure seems to be fairly common on the 03-04 trucks amd that some of the clusters with this problem can not be repaired. Has anyone come across this issue or figured out a fix without having to send it in to a cluster repair shop?

1B8B39ED-87B8-4116-98AC-B71388CB6D24_zps

BD6E078F-F9B5-46AD-9270-6DD1BC0F11B4_zps

My cluster has also failed. I would just recommend buying a re-man cluster. You order it, give your vin and milage and for 380 bucks you get a cluster that has been repaired and uses a redesigned motor on the gauges. Then you send in your old cluster and you get a rebate and it comes out to be around 180 out of pocket.

Send it to Module Masters in Idaho. UPS it there and they will fix all known issues, with a 5 year warranty and ship it back for around 120. I have used them and they are awesome. Google them

Send it to Module Masters in Idaho. UPS it there and they will fix all known issues, with a 5 year warranty and ship it back for around 120. I have used them and they are awesome. Google them

Cant beat that ^^^^

I sent mine in to a place I found on Ebay that does cluster rebuilds. I think they were called Florida Speed or something like that. Price was around 150 and turn around was within a few days if I remember correctly. Real common issues you are having.. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies guys. Just wondering if anyone had cracked one open and figured out the issue. Looks like I'll be sending it out sometime this week.

Archived